Sign in to follow this  
Noel

New driver coming in a few weeks to resolve Cessna Trim wheel won't stay connected w/ reboots issue

I posted a question about this in the hardware forum 5d ago and no responses so I will post here in case you own this controller.  I talked w/ Mad Catz tech support and they are aware of the issue and are fixing it in a driver due out 'in a couple of weeks...' FYI.   The controller is always visible in Printers & Devices, but currently w/ each reboot into Win 7 64-bit you have to manually spin the wheel in the calibration/testing dialogue then it picks it up and works fine.  Their driver revision is intended to solve the small inconvenience.

Cheers!  It's a very cool product BTW ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

That's interesting. I never had that problem, though I did notice that you needed to spin it the very  first time to get it registered in FSX settings/controls.

Thanks for letting us know Noel. I am sure that they wouldn't bother fixing these things unless people like you made the proper case for it. 

I for one will be very grateful for new driver if it does the right thing! As my set up is very similar to yours I expect we can both hope for a similar result.

Cheers 

That's interesting. I never had that problem, though I did notice that you needed to spin it the very  first time to get it registered in FSX settings/controls.

I guess the difference could be that I have the range between max/min set up at +/- 16383 or so, plus I have sensitivity set very low (30, I think on the slider in P3DV2.1) so that moving the trim wheel has a tiny effect on trim making it a little easier to fine tune. 

Thanks for letting us know Noel. I am sure that they wouldn't bother fixing these things unless people like you made the proper case for it. 

I for one will be very grateful for new driver if it does the right thing! As my set up is very similar to yours I expect we can both hope for a similar result.

Cheers 

Yes hopefully they will deliver on it.   Sounded pretty solid though on the phone so we'll see.  They told me how to register so that when the driver is released they will auto-email me, and I'll post it here for all.

Cheers ;o)

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Any news on the new driver?

I looked maybe 3 weeks ago and saw it was the same driver that doesn't initialize the wheel at OS boot up, so at that time I guess not at that point.  Fortunately I see all you have to do is move the wheel up and down about 10x and then it's picked up, but sometimes I forget, go thru all the hoopla to set up a flight only to discover the trim wheel doesn't work ;o(  I hope they fix this!

Noel