Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

Season's in New Zealand

Hi, This is annoying me so I might as well ask, why is January Summer in new Zealand in FS? I want to do a flight, but apparently the seasons are backwards, when I pick Winter, it takes me back to August. Is there a fix for this?Thanks,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Simple: it is now summer here in New Zealand. It's always been summer in January as long as I can remember, and hopefully always will be. (I'm always amused by this rather US-centric view of the world:)

I can`t quite tell if that question was a joke, or serious. As far is I can tell, being a pommie migrant to NZ, Wellington only has one season, the rainy season! Sadly, there is no fix available, short of building bigger stopbanks..CheersLungs

Guest panda234

The seasons are reversed in the southern hemisphere. Or here, depending on your perspective, hehe. My sister lives in Adelaide, South Australia, and it's been over 40 Centigrade--well over 100F--for the past few weeks. billg

Guest GCBarni

At the risk of falling for some kind of hoax, I'm going out on a limb here and make the following suggestion: click on Options/Settings/International and alter the Latitude and Longitude values as though you were living in the Southern Hemisphere.

Guest Paul Heaney

If this isn't a joke, I find it pretty funny.

"Is there a fix for this?"You have got to laugh haven't you ... :-lol

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) Please for the love of humanity tell me that was a joke! (...)"I don't think it is. The man is an American, and probably dead serious on an issue he doesn't have the faintest clue about. But joke or not: it sure is hilariously funny (wide and wicked grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Cut the Ami's some slack. They are not the undereducated dummies, the world likes to see them as.But this could be a contestant for the the Darwin award. :-lol

While America won't pick up the combined intelligence award, the rest of the world sure isn't full of Einstein's...

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) this could be a contestant for the the Darwin award (...)"We have a winner! For heaven's sake: the man "Flies on AWACS"! Probably only domestic flights (wide and wicked grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

Im ashamed to call myself an air force member now LMAOcommon man...just ask somone before you post LOLGary HayesLevel-D Simulations Development TeamNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seems to me that once upon a time most Europeans thought the world was flat...Though I do know of one guy I met who thought the "Far East" was Savannah Ga.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg