Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

Season's in New Zealand

actually thats just a silly myth invented by the pro-Columbus people who didn't want to dwell on what he actually did in his travels

Guest GCBarni

"Is there a fix for this?"Probably not.....nor is there a solution for their sink water draining counter-clockwise.

I know I should just let this go. But I can't.I am sure everyone in Amersterdam, Berlin, Mumbai, and Wellington are at home splitting the atom as we speak.Do you really want to contend that all americans are so stupid that they don't know the seasons are different in the southern hemisphere just because one man does not?Are you just rude or are you that ignorant.From another dumb americanHarry Gentilozzi

Yeah, a bit unfair, I've always assumed that this type of thing falls into the don't-need-to-know category in the US.But I do feel a bit safer knowing that the US would never invade us in the southern hemisphere -- too much explaining to do:)

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) I am sure everyone in Amersterdam, Berlin, Mumbai, and Wellington are at home splitting the atom as we speak (...)"Harry, I didn't know you cared! I just finished mine, dividing it into two hemispheres: a northern and a southern one. Unfortunately (those things are SMALL!) I mixed them up during handling, and now I don't know which is which. Well, overnight it will sort itself out: I'll put them next to each other on the window-sill, and tomorrow I'll see which of them is frozen. That would be the northern half then. Or the southern? Darn, now you got me confused (grin)!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Take me for instance. New Zealand is my birth country, and I now live in the US as a US citizen. Seriously though, this must be a joke, no-one could be that unknowing and be old enough to fly, surely!I should print this out and send to me folks back in NZ :)Bruce.

There are a lot of kids who enjoy this hobby actually. I think I saw a poll once that showed the average. I dont remember what it was, but it was younger than I thought it was by reading here normally.Yes, a bit naive, but so what. Im sure he is now oh so much brighter for this lesson.Next thing you guys will be telling me there is no Santa Claus or Easter Bunny. And EVERYBODY KNOWS....Hobbits are in New Zealand. (wheres that again?)..oh yeah...go south to Chile and turn right.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Alright I think that's enough :) but anyway, I figured it out on my own after some deep thought, it is hard to believe that the seasons are actually reversed, I honestly have never heard of that before, I do know it's always hot around the equator, but I thought that all places had the same four seasons at the same time.BTW:I'm 22Yes I am an AWACS airborne surveillance tech.I've only been to Canada and Mexico as far as outside the USI have a pilot's license, currently working on instrument, no I'm not dumb, just unaware of that fact.So all places in the southern hemisphere it is currently in Summer?And let's not talk bad about American's, I could say something about any country, but I refuse to be rude and ignorant.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>I honestly have never heard of that before, I do know it's always hot around the equator, but I thought that all places had the same four seasons at the same time.Now you made your geography teacher cry!Here is a link that explains how it works and why the seasons are reversed.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Jeff!Well, you've given us a nice laugh, and you're taking it as a good sport. I've got another piece of (what's probably) news for you. Did you know that on the southern hemisphere the sun goes "the wrong way"? Where you live it moves in an arc from left to right through the sky, while down south it moves from right to left. This is a very important piece of information, on account of the way you have to turn you deckchair every now and then, in order to keep your front to the sun (or, as is much more likely in Oz), away from it. Not to mention keeping your beer cool. Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

This is all interesting stuff. Thanks to those who corrected meJeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>Hi Jeff!>>Well, you've given us a nice laugh, and you're taking it as a>good sport. >>I've got another piece of (what's probably) news for you. Did>you know that on the southern hemisphere the sun goes "the>wrong way"? Where you live it moves in an arc from left to>right through the sky, while down south it moves from right to>left. This is a very important piece of information, on>account of the way you have to turn you deckchair every now>and then, in order to keep your front to the sun (or, as is>much more likely in Oz), away from it. Not to mention keeping>your beer cool. >>Be well!>>Jaap Verduijn.>That's actually not true. Or you explained it badly. Left... right? Facing which direction? That's pretty relative.It rises in the east and goes down in the west just like it does on the northern hemisphere. The difference is that it travels through the northern part of the sky instead of the southern like it does here.

Guest mruane

Your wrong Rotten. As I look out of the window I see nothing but blue sky and the occasional fluffy Cumulus (pity the same could not be said for yesterday)...

Gday MickWhereabouts in the Hutt are you? I'm in Waiwhetu and a little too close to the stream for my liking, though poor old Belmont & the golf courses got it this time and we got away with it. Its high time our new Mayor took stormwater provision seriously.Seriously, the last couple of weeks have begun to restore my faith in Kiwi weather - I have no excuse but to mow my lawn now..To the original poster - sorry if I was a little harsh. You must have missed the week at school where they teach you about seasons!CheersLungs