Sign in to follow this  
TurboTomato

MSE 2.0 Netherlands

Anyone bought it? Seems a slightly odd choice to develop given NL2000 but there we go. Especially when there's still no Italy (pet hate!)  :lol:

Exactly!  I'm not sure why they even decided to do this.  About the only advantage this would have over NL2000 would maybe be better performance because this will obviously not have autogen with it like NL2000 does.  But, even there, I think you can just disable the autogen/3d objects in NL2000.  So it still wouldn't make sense to pay money for this when you can get equal or better quality for free.  I don't get it either but hey, what do I know?  :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

NL2000 has summer, winter and night textures.

And autogen, airports, known 3d objects....

And it's freeware !

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Choice of countries to cover comes down largely to which countries have full photoimgaery available for them. Obviously, the Netherlands does, and hence the MSE developer has made this country available for publication (while finding sources and making agreements with imagery suppliers for other Euro countries (and other parts of the world).

We were aware of NL2000, which is certainly very good! No doubt! Possibly MSE Netherlands has higher resolution source photoimagery, which would give it an advantage visually over NL2000. Perhaps not? Perhaps NL2000 phototextures are more compressed (and hence greater loss of detail) than the MSE textures which are usually less compressed (resulting in larger file sizes). If anyone has the info on NL2000's source imagery resolution, and level of compressions, the matter could be settled and an accurate answer on that question could be obtained.

I'd be interested to know all the same :)

One reason for releasing Netherlands aside from that mentioned above is that because some flight simmers just prefer the continuity of coverage and detail of a product from the same developer and author, whether or not there is a competing product of better or equal quality. It's a customer mindset, which is real and active in the market.

Credits to the NL2000 team though. They have made available a quality product over the years.

I hope Italy will be the next MSE photoscenery !

I'll let you know if I hear of any pending MSE releases beginning with an "I" and ending with a "Y" :)

I believe England and Wales will be confirmed as one of the next few releases.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

I agree with you that using photo scenery from the same developer most of the time results in the same colors / tone / contrast for all scenery.

My Belgium 2012 had also slightly different colors than the NL2000 scenery or the AS VFR Germany photo svenery.

I would pay € 250 for one Europe ( EEG countries at least )

Btw : NL2000 has 46gb of photoscenery inl winter and nightligting, so 15-16 Gb for each layout. MSE Netherlands is 8 Gb ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I bought MSE Netherlands and Belgium and pretty good for the most part, and just need tempted to buy those 3d lightblubs aerosoft packages. Tridef power 3d mode at 45% depth with 3d clouds ahh. 

Choice of countries to cover comes down largely to which countries have full photoimgaery available for them. Obviously, the Netherlands does, and hence the MSE developer has made this country available for publication (while finding sources and making agreements with imagery suppliers for other Euro countries (and other parts of the world).

We were aware of NL2000, which is certainly very good! No doubt! Possibly MSE Netherlands has higher resolution source photoimagery, which would give it an advantage visually over NL2000. Perhaps not? Perhaps NL2000 phototextures are more compressed (and hence greater loss of detail) than the MSE textures which are usually less compressed (resulting in larger file sizes). If anyone has the info on NL2000's source imagery resolution, and level of compressions, the matter could be settled and an accurate answer on that question could be obtained.

I'd be interested to know all the same :)

One reason for releasing Netherlands aside from that mentioned above is that because some flight simmers just prefer the continuity of coverage and detail of a product from the same developer and author, whether or not there is a competing product of better or equal quality. It's a customer mindset, which is real and active in the market.

Credits to the NL2000 team though. They have made available a quality product over the years.

I'll let you know if I hear of any pending MSE releases beginning with an "I" and ending with a "Y" :)

I believe England and Wales will be confirmed as one of the next few releases.

As Gerard and you say, buying everything from a single developer is definitely a plus.

Just pass on to your MSE developer that I can almost certainly guarantee that an Italian MSE would sell more than the Netherlands :wink:  

I agree with you that using photo scenery from the same developer most of the time results in the same colors / tone / contrast for all scenery.

My Belgium 2012 had also slightly different colors than the NL2000 scenery or the AS VFR Germany photo svenery.

I would pay € 250 for one Europe ( EEG countries at least )

Btw : NL2000 has 46gb of photoscenery inl winter and nightligting, so 15-16 Gb for each layout. MSE Netherlands is 8 Gb ..

Ok, that must be decent res photoreal then in the project! Thanks for the info.

Dean

Unfortunately, my Megasceneryearth 2 purchases are on hold until LM sort out thr "Blurries" issue out in Prepar3d 2.Shame as I do like them. Anyone know if afix is being worked on?

Dave

Hi Dave,

No idea on this. I am sticking with FSX for using MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 because of the limited LOD_RADIUS setting capped in P3D. Hopefully Lockheed Martin can release a patch to unlock that setting again in P3D for the photoscenery fans.

Dean

Interesting/ Didnt' know this one was released. I never really liked NL2000 because of the HUGE differences in quality. In fact, I never understood why so many people seem to like it so much: large parts are very, very ugly. The fact that it is free doesn't matter at all to me. So I will defenitely have a look at this!