Sign in to follow this  
falcon7xx

Radar Contact 4.3 vs Pro ATC X

The problem with vox is that you have to use the Microsoft voice recognition software. And if you have windows 7 it only comes with one voice "anna" which can become quite annoying in flight. Not to mention she sounds horribly robotic. I did a Google search for more voices but without paying top dollar they don't really exist. That's why I stopped using vox

The problem with vox is that you have to use the Microsoft voice recognition software. And if you have windows 7 it only comes with one voice "anna" which can become quite annoying in flight. Not to mention she sounds horribly robotic. I did a Google search for more voices but without paying top dollar they don't really exist. That's why I stopped using vox

There are two or three other free MS voices out there that are better than Anna + the free VOXPOP voices you can download, which are way better than Anna and I bought a AT&T package deal for a good deal and they are excellent.

Yes you have to pay more for the voices, but once you have made your initial investment you have an excellent addon ATC program that in my opinion is procedurally very realistic. It should also be noted that the developer of PATC has promised a voice activated expansion (whenever that will be) that will be at an extra cost over and above the existing purchase price, so it could end up costing as much as VOXATC + extra voices for all we know.

The difference being VOX is already a proven and certainly less buggy program that works.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

There are two or three other free MS voices out there that are better than Anna + the free VOXPOP voices you can download, which are way better than Anna and I bought a AT&T package deal for a good deal and they are excellent.

Yes you have to pay more for the voices, but once you have made your initial investment you have an excellent addon ATC program that in my opinion is procedurally very realistic. It should also be noted that the developer of PATC has promised a voice activated expansion (whenever that will be) that will be at an extra cost over and above the existing purchase price, so it could end up costing as much as VOXATC + extra voices for all we know.

The difference being VOX is already a proven and certainly less buggy program that works.

Man that's awesome I tried to find free voices everywhere and I came up empty handed other than the expensive ones, you wouldn't mind giving me the link to those voices would you? That was really the only thing that kept me from VOX and it would save me from thinking my 77 dollars was a waste.

This is a link to VOXATC VOXPOP free voices download.

http://www.voxatc.com/Voice.aspx/VoxPop

I will have to get to my FSX rig to check on what the extra MS voices are. If you google, I think they are Mary Mike and Sam.

Regards,

About Mary Mike and Sam it seems this is a no way with 64bit OS. Shame...

Just a comment, when I searched for an ATC program,

I hesitated a long time between RC4 and VoxAtc. What I did not like RC4 is that there is no guide or assistance during the taxi phase. On the other hand VoxAtc is a constantly updating product.

VoxAtc with MCE, MytrafficX Pro have a very good immersion.

About ProAtc I don't know this product but I read too much contradictory things about it to be interested.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Do yourself a favour and stay far away from PRO-ATC at the moment, it is a complete waste of your money.
as someone said earlier, its not even close to be a realistic (or even working) ATC-addon.

Can you please look at the video on post # 22 and tell me if that is accurate rendition of ProATC? Thanks

I will have to get to my FSX rig to check on what the extra MS voices are. If you google, I think they are Mary Mike and Sam.

Regards,

Much Obliged, This will be great thanks for not letting me throw away that 77 dollars

Regards,

I thought I saw somewhere in the MCE documentation or on their website that the extra MS voices were for WinXP only. Could be wrong though!

In any case, if you ever want to throw more money at VoxATC, the Ivona 2 voicepacks really are great!

Radar contact has no issues with stars, ask to fly an instrument approach and the controller will leave you alone to fly the procedure handing you off to Approach at the right moment.

hehe, well, it has no issues with stars because it ignores them completely!

radar contact is a great product but in my opinion asking the atc to just let you go off on your own when you want to fly a star isn't really that ideal of a solution.

sure, if you put the waypoints in your flight plan, you can compromise and get something similar to reality but you will still get cleared to 11,000 at 40nm out no matter what the restrictions are in the star, and there's no notion of the star being assigned dynamically based on what runway is actually in use, etc.

after years of using rc4 i switched to voxatc, which does a fairly decent job of all these things, including referring to the star by name when you get cleared, etc.

it's ground handling is pretty decent too, i mean, sure i can just use the charts to get to the runway in rc4, but voxatc will actually call out the taxiways and make you stop before crossing runways, report back after you've crossed the runway, etc, it's just a lot more immersive in terms of procedure.

haven't tried pfe or pro atc so i can't comment on those!

cheers,

-andy crosby

I thought I saw somewhere in the MCE documentation or on their website that the extra MS voices were for WinXP only. Could be wrong though!

In any case, if you ever want to throw more money at VoxATC, the Ivona 2 voicepacks really are great!

Yes my bad. On checking my VOX voice configuration tool, I see I have MS Anna, five VOXPOP voices and Two AT&T (Mike & Crystal) voices that I picked up for a bundle price of $38 CD. I used a 30 day Ivona trial also, which was excellent.

Down the road when I am looking to throw a few more Bucks at this hobby, I am going to start adding more AT&T voices until I have a good mix of nationalities, but emersion wise, what I have now does quite nicely.

haven't tried pfe or pro atc so i can't comment on those!

cheers,

-andy crosby

I have and in my opinion, you made a good choice. It will take a heck of a lot to entice me back to PATC.

Rick Hobbs

I have to admit, I tried using VOX one time and couldn't get it to work.  It wouldn't understand me no matter what I tried.  Maybe it was my headset or maybe just me.  Dunno.  I gave up and went back to flying my usual way with FSX ATC.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have to admit, I tried using VOX one time and couldn't get it to work.  It wouldn't understand me no matter what I tried.  Maybe it was my headset or maybe just me.  Dunno.  I gave up and went back to flying my usual way with FSX ATC.

You do have to do a bit of work with the voice recognition and go through both the MS voice recognition exercises and the VOX voice training and the best choice of headset would be USB IMO, but once you are set up, it works great. Actually a lot of the time I get lazy and use the FO, which really cuts down on the amount talking you have to do.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Starting to look like my wait is over, VOXATC it is, according to this thread's consensus. Pricey though, seemingly worth it. I was hoping for ProATCX, just wasn't looking good at all.

I have bought ProATC-X Last Year because I've seen some nice Videos on Youtube and read an Article in a FlightSim-Magazin.

since a half year I didn't use it anymore. Because:

- there is no complete Support for some important Aircrafts (PMDG 747-400/800, 777-200LR), many smaller Aircrafts aren't supported...

- it doesn't work well and constantly during flight (many CTD)

- it is difficult to plan a Route (if you use PFPX, too) - most of the Time the Routes, Sid's and STAR's aren't identic

- The Support isn't good, The Forum doesn't work well. If you dont't write there, your account will be deactivated and you have to reactivate it...

For me, one of the baddest Add-On I have bought Last Year, and for that it is a expensive one...

I have bought ProATC-X Last Year because I've seen some nice Videos on Youtube and read an Article in a FlightSim-Magazin.

since a half year I didn't use it anymore. Because:

- there is no complete Support for some important Aircrafts (PMDG 747-400/800, 777-200LR), many smaller Aircrafts aren't supported...

- it doesn't work well and constantly during flight (many CTD)

- it is difficult to plan a Route (if you use PFPX, too) - most of the Time the Routes, Sid's and STAR's aren't identic

- The Support isn't good, The Forum doesn't work well. If you dont't write there, your account will be deactivated and you have to reactivate it...

For me, one of the baddest Add-On I have bought Last Year, and for that it is a expensive one...

Like you, the YouTube videos attracted me to it, but somehow I think they are doctored. See post #22 on this thread.