Sign in to follow this  
FDX4597 - Daniel

Disappearing Joystick Settings

Can I please find some guidance?  Only in the 777, when I click from one program to another, the joystick disappears from FSX.  (Win8)

Things I have done:

- Changed back and forth from windowed/fullscreen

- tried re-calibrating stick

- disabled USB power saving modes

Not sure why this is happening.

Hi Daniel

I had this problem as well as hundreds of other people as well, If you Google the issue you will go cross eyed trying to read it all. I tried many items such as you have outlined here and they did not work for me either. I have a licenced copy of FSUIPC and I was advised to calibrate my joystick (logic 3) through FSUIPC and not through fsx, and this worked for me. I have not had a single joystick disconnect now for over 60 or more flights. May be worth a try although I read that it works for some and not others. I also upgraded to Win 8.1 but cannot remember if I solved the issue prior to doing this or not.

Good luck and keep us informed of the progress

Kind Regards

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

My PMDG friends...

I believe I have solved the issue by calibrating my joystick with FSUIPC. However, I have keep it enabled in FSX also...I guess that's all it needed.  So far, 2/2 good flights.  I hope it lasts.  Thank you for your advice.

Daniel

Not running FSX as an admin will cause this.  Not running many programs without admin rights will not allow the necessary permissions to make changes to the program settings such that they "save" from session to session.  If you ever make a change that works for the current session, and it suddenly disappears the next time you run the program, it's probably because the program was not run as an admin.

Kyle Rodgers

Read this thread all 29 pages :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/393486-windows-8-joystick-megathread-problem/page-29

I went back to Windows 7 because I got fed up with disconnects but the main solution seems to be to set your joystick using FSUIPC instead of FSX. As for the above post well it has nothing to do with running FSX as admin you will just lead people on a wild goose chase saying things like that.

I agree that FSUIPC should solve the problem.

As I was reinstalling things the last few weeks I read many documents as well.

The FSUIPC guide is one of them and I remember reading that you can set it up to recognize a specific controller. And I think you can give it a name or letter too.

This is good for disconnecting/connecting USB devices because they are properly recognized again when they reconnect but it is also a good thing incase you have two identical controllers the guide said. (like two saitek throttle quadrants for example)

Rob Robson