Sign in to follow this  

PIA AP- BGY Crosswind takeoff Vid

Nothing Spectacular just a short vid of me taking off bound for OPRN from EGCC, Manchester UK - crosswinds on takeoff , were used to bad weather here... Please rate comment and enjoy....I know I rotated late them winds didn't let me lol

Edited by 777

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Liked the video, would have enjoyed watching some more of your climb out of Manchester via 23L.

Hi, Imran,

Thanks for the great video!  Looks to me like you rotated at the right time, looking at the PFD V Speeds.  I think the sound got out of sync with the video somehow, so there is an early V1 - rotate V2 call. 

Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I don't believe you need to taxi to the runway threshold when taking off.  My understanding is the threshold is for landing only.  You can use the entire runway for takeoff.

Thanks again,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Liked the video, would have enjoyed watching some more of your climb out of Manchester via 23L.

will bear that in mind for the next vid 

Hi, Imran,

Thanks for the great video!  Looks to me like you rotated at the right time, looking at the PFD V Speeds.  I think the sound got out of sync with the video somehow, so there is an early V1 - rotate V2 call. 

Perhaps I'm wrong about this, but I don't believe you need to taxi to the runway threshold when taking off.  My understanding is the threshold is for landing only.  You can use the entire runway for takeoff.

Thanks again,

Mike

Yeah watched the vid again and your right, I did rotate at VR, what a good pair of eyes you have Mike, thanks for the kind comments guys...

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.