Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Reverse thrust on big piston propliners

Having spent a while flying the Just Flight DC-6B recently (and to a lesser extent their Constellation - not as good IMO), I really miss the ability to throw the props into reverse on landing. I know that most big piston propliners were able to put their props into reverse pitch but it is a pity that this has not been reproduced in these aircraft in FSX. Unlike these piston airliners however, reverse thrust is reproduced by the developers of all of the available turboprop aircraft for FSX as far as I can see and I cannot imagine that it would be any more difficult to incorporate this feature into a piston simulation. Not sure if anyone is aware of any fix for this or whether we will just have to await the PMDG DC-6B (where, coming from PMDG, hopefully every detail will be present!!)

Bill

I expect the problem is that it's not part of the default FSX piston model, whereas it is in the turboprop model. 

That said, I don't have it but my understanding is that A2A's B377 Stratocruiser does properly model this behavior.

Scott