Sign in to follow this  
NondiPloom

X-Plane X Unuseable

I've been unable to use X-Plane X (Global) because the A/C are uncontrollable; they go left / right, nose-up / nose-down in rapid succession regardless of joystick input.. I've had this problem on 3 computers with 2 operating systems:  Windows 7 & (ugh) 8.  My latest is Windows 7.  My 'puter & joystick run MS FS 2004 just fine. 

I fail to understand what could be the problem except that it is within the X-Plane 10 program itself.  (Thanks to tech support, my first set of disks were found to be faulty and replaced.)  It seems impossible the three 'puters and 2 Op Systems could cause the identical problems.

Ready to give up.

Also make sure that the axis are correct.  They are not the same as fs2004.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Did you calibrate your joysticks?

Yes, calibrated, changed axis.  Same problem(s) when trying to fly using mouse.  Have just had the thought that the problem is with the A/C; the severity of the problem changes somewhat with the A/C.  E.g., The Stinson is unbelieveable; the C-130 is somewhat more controllable, but if I can get it airborne, I get a stall warning with anything other than full down stick---and it still climbs with that.  Incredible.

I bought X-Plane X because the first short, mouse-controlled flight with it on a Windows 7 laptop was really great.  The I cleaned up the system and it's been un-controllable ever since.  Three seperate, isolated machines, 2 op systems, two set of disks and two or three demo downloads:  all no good.

First, start with the Cessna 172, with sky clear weather, no wind.

Stephane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk

vpa055.png

What program did you use to calibrate the axes? Try it a different way and see if it helps.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If your other simulators fly ok, then the problem is in X-Plane...

It can be the joystick callibration. Did you center all of your joystick axis and hit the button that reads something like "take this as the center/neutral position"... in the joystick configuration menu?

Are you by any chance using more than one joystick attached to your computer, and probably one or more of the axis is being controlled by it and you didn't notice the problem in the axis settings menu?

Try to unplug all joysticks from the PC, and then fly with the mouse and see if the aircraft appear to be more controllable.

Then plug the joystick an try to fly with it. Make sure you set the trim ( pitch and roll at least ) and use them to try to keep the aircraft trimmed ( rather difficult in X-Plane sometimes, but that's not you fault :-/ )

Also, the in configuration menu, start with the artificial stab sliders all to the right ( your aircraft will fly more like airbuses... but will be more free from some weird phenomena that plague X-Plane aircraft, specially prop aircraft... )  Are you able to control it better that way?

Yes?  Then reduce the Art Stab settings to 50% and try again

No?   Well, there must really be a problem with your controller... :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

calibrate and center it in XPX. That is XPX issue as Jcomm has pointed out as in the other Sims according to you it is fine. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

the C-130 is somewhat more controllable, but if I can get it airborne, I get a stall warning with anything other than full down stick---and it still climbs with that.

Sounds like it could be an elevator trim problem.Go to "Data Input & Output", search for the "trim" entry and check the first of the 4 buttons:

Po4tjPs.jpg

Then return back and report the values you see in the box at the upper left.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Clear all axes and settings in XPLANE menu! (might be some defined or "twisted" controller  axis, was the same on my old G940)!

Edited by AUA425

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

It helps sometimes to move all your joysticks or controllers through their complete movements before starting to actually fly but after loading an aircraft. For instance I use the Saitek Cessna trim control, but if I don't wiggle it around after loading an aircraft and just start flying, the first time I try to trim the controller it will go to full up trim. Of course the plane will pitch up dramatically.

Another thing is to make sure a autopilot is not engaged at takeoff. I have had that accidently happen on occasion and strange things sometimes occur.

If it was the program that was faulty, everyone would probably be having this problem. Obviously not everyone is. 

Hope you get it ironed out. 

Or is it the flight models problem? I had that with an addon....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Impossible!  It's perfect!

Some real aircraft, mainly the props, have problems with the way they're built, and that makes people think the simulator is wrong!

I wish someone could build an aircraft the way it should be built, and then we would finally understand how close to real X-Plane 10 is.

Tell that to Cessna, Piper, Beechcraft... Useless, they keep making the same mistakes... over and over :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I played around with the joystick settings and X-Plane behaves a bit better.  I was able to take off with the 172 despite slow acceleration and a top speed of about 70.  Control of it was 'dicey'.  As I've yet to find a way to stop a flight and reset it, I let it crash, then re-selected the 172.  Upon attempting to fly again, the sim had the throttle stuck at a much higher than idle rpm and the joystick's throttle was totally ineffective.

As an aside, X-Plane leaves an incredible lot to be desired form the user's point of view.  It isn't newbie friendly at all.

Fine.  What is the purpose of each of the 4 boxes aliogned with each function?  X-Plane's documentation is apparently so poor to be non-existent.  That's especially poor product developement after how many years? About 20?

Sounds like it could be an elevator trim problem.Go to "Data Input & Output", search for the "trim" entry and check the first of the 4 buttons:

Po4tjPs.jpg

Then return back and report the values you see in the box at the upper left.

I doubt it's the flight model. It's with multiple planes included with X-Plane:  Stinson, 172, C-130, at least one of the jets.