Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Anyone using TBM850 in P3D V2.1?

I have just purchased this aircraft & find it runs very well & smooth in FSX however in P3D V2.1 once the G1000 is switched on I get nasty stutters despite my fps showing in the 60's. Have tried numerous scenery & graphics settings but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm running an i7 4770K @ 4.5 with 4Gb Ram & a OC GTX770 hence very good frames. Odd I should be getting these stutters when the G1000 is fully on. PDF1 in "start" mode doesn't seem to affect it.

Anybody else had similar experience?

Cheers,

Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

Seems all Cerando G1000's are causing performance issues. Turn off the G1000 and watch frame rate almost double.

I made some modifications to the G1000 for FSX... it may or may not make a difference in P3D...

If interested, send me a PM with your email address.

Bert

Bert, thanks. Ill give it a try. They also display the same behavior in FSX just not as pronounced.

The mod didnt seem to make any noticeable performance improvements Bert? I can still switch the MFD off and watch performance increase dramatically. Zoom factor makes a huge difference. Zoomed out is a big performance killer.

The mod didnt seem to make any noticeable performance improvements Bert? I can still switch the MFD off and watch performance increase dramatically. Zoom factor makes a huge difference. Zoomed out is a big performance killer.

Well it was worth a try.. the mod was more focused on the appearance of the gauge.. but you never know..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Perhaps we would get better performance if they fixed the errors.

"They" have stated there are no errors and they have no intentions of fixing.

"They" have stated there are no errors and they have no intentions of fixing.

Unfortunately I know. What's even worse is that those XML errors are not the only ones left...

Hey,

Thanks for the replies guys. Hadn't gotten a response for some time so hadn't checked this post for a while.

Pity about the response from Carenado. Looks like this will be the one & only purchase of a G1000 equipped aircraft of theirs I'll be making.

Interested to try your mod Bert even if it doesn't fix the stutters. Will send a PM

Cheers,

Ross

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

how are you getting 60 fps with the tbm? I'm running a 4790k with two 970's and I bottom at around 20 in thick weather. 

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

Haven't flown it for a while, got sick of the severe stuttering but frames would have been in reasonable weather, not thick, where you would most likely see some issues. I was testing in light conditions to confirm the problem was aircraft related & not sim/weather.

P3D 2.4 seems to run a bit smoother for me so I'll probably dust her off again soon & see how it goes. Not expecting any improvement where the G1000 is concerned though unfortunately.

Cheers, Ross