Sign in to follow this  
Guest Debosonic

The Outlook for Airliner Simmers

Guest Debosonic

Dear Simmers (Especially airliner Simmers)We have the following upcoming airliners in the making. I have listed them in the order which I believe they will be released. I have no knowledge or otherwise it is just my assumption. Please give me your comments regarding your most anticipated airliner and when you think you may be able to fly it...Here goes:-B 767 (Level D)-B 747-400 (PMDG)-B 777 (PSS)-L1011 (Pilots)-B 757 (PSS)-Tu-204 (Igfly)-DC-10 (Air Bleed)-MD-11 (PMDG)-B 767 (Captain Sim)Any of the above being released is an instant purchase for me...But it is impossible to guess/stimate when any would be released due to the inherent complexities of the above...Gentlemen, your comments please...

Guest panda234

They're all going to end up in my hangar. Even if they're not all out for the next 9 mths, that's still one a mth...billg

I cant imagine the Captain Sim 767 will be realeased any time soon. They set an ambitious goal of 8 aircraft and they have a few that have been in production for 2 years (C130). I hope they can get it together.

Guest bobsk8

Actually I have been giving some thought to this issue since I re-entered flying flight simulators earlier this year. I was heavily into flying Heavy Aircraft some years back,like L1011s, 747, 767s etc..., but since returning to simming I have found that I was getting bored with the typically long flights that these aircraft are utltized on. As an example, I just flew to Belgium this week on a business trip on a commercial airline, and it was an 8.5 hour flight from Atlanta. I was bored to tears on the plane, and I don't imagine there was alot of excitement going on , on the flight deck either while flying hour after hour , at night, over the Atlantic. I kept thinking to myself, "how can they ever stay awake up there". So when I sim at home, I find myself flying my ATR-72 , because I can do a hop of about 1-1.5 hours , fly an approach, and keep my interest in the flight. It isn't practical, in my opinion, to take 1 hour hops in a 767 or 747 or L1011. First of all your choices in airports are pretty limited, that can handle that size of an aircraft. If I buy another aircraft for MSFS, it will probably be something like a CRJ or B-717, so I can fly the commuter type routes.

Guest Debosonic

You have a good point there,,,but I like heavies.Actually you are right, I can't make the real long haul flights that eg. the 747 RFP is capable of. Once I made a 12 hour flight with the RFP, but I attended a wedding ceremony in-between!!! You are right, it gets boring after 4 hours....But I still like to do short hops with heavies...Don't forget that in some countries 747s are routinely used for short trips.Last year I was on Thai 747 VTBD-VTSP and on a 777 on the way back, both 1 hr flights...Still, if you like regional A/C then the ATR 72 is great for that. I am also planning to get the new ERJ 145 from feel there....

I'd like to get hold of a payware C-5A or C-141. Captainsim had a C-130 in the works, but who knows if they will ever finish it.A C-5 Galaxy, done by a proper payware group, like PSS, etc, would be would be the cats a$$.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest danowat

>-B 767 (Level D)This looks as though it is going to be something pretty special, plus they have the PIC background aswell, its certainly on my shopping list, reading through the manuals it looks as complete as anything else around, certainly going to be a learning curve, but I think it should be worth it.>-B 747-400 (PMDG)If its as good as the NG, then they are on to a winner, not really my cup of tea, but after seeing what they have done with the NG, anythings possible.>-B 777 (PSS)Judging by PSS's previous releases this should be pretty good, a BIG plus I find with PSS is that they normally supply a pretty good tutorial, rather than reams and reams of dry manual.>-L1011 (Pilots)I was under the impression that this addon was no longer happening, but I might be wrong, niether the less, I am not familier with "pilots" work.Looks like its back on again, aiming for a Feb release apparently>-B 757 (PSS)As the PSS 777>-Tu-204 (Igfly)Hmmmm......another russian developer with questionable support practices, after the SSW A310 debacle, the fact that customers of the IGfly Tu-154 are STILL waiting for the promised VC release, and the mess around CaptainSim, I would be VERY wary of buying anything from the above mentioned companies.>-DC-10 (Air Bleed)Difficult one, its been coming for a long time now, I dont know the background of the dev's and would certainly not buy it at first release.http://www.ab-simulations.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=114>-MD-11 (PMDG)Again, its PMDG, hopefully be as good as the NG, plus they have Bill Grabowski on board, whos previous freeware panels have been awesome.>-B 767 (Captain Sim)See my comment about Igfly, I would really doubt I would buy anything from these guys, the C130 has been coming since the dinosaurs became extinct, plus I visted their stand at the IFC last year, and to be honest the guy looked like he either a) could'nt be arsed to be there, or :( couldnt give a flying frig about their products, or both :-lol , just no love for the products.Dan.

I agree for the most part, even when I do fly the RFP 742 I rarely fly over 2-5 hrs. Trips to Hawaii and from PANC to KORD are nice too. But in general I find myself enjoying the heavies but flying them like they are smaller commuters. Besides, I rarely touch the autopilot and if I do, I just hit alt and heading hold and fly that way. It makes long flights more interesting, rather than program an FMC and let it fly

Guest Debosonic

Thanks for the good analysis Danowat!!I agree with most of what you said.I am not to bothered about the Igfly VC, for me at least, their tu- 154m is good even without it.But still that is a pretty accurate outlook...

Guest smileymiley

Wow, fantastic all these incredible payware aircraft with top notch panels, models etc. etc. etc. Two years ago probably only one ago this was my dream scenario. My problem is that in the past year we have had some exceptional addons, PMDG (fab..), ATR72 (amazing) Captain Sim(where is the support) plus very recently an excellent ERJ145. Put this on top of PSS products, well they are great. My problem is with the complexity of these new aircraft who can honestly say that they have time to really fly and get to know these aircraft?I for one whilst I welcome how our hobby has moved on since the release of FS9 am now thinking well before you buy everything, now it is time to be picky. By end of 2005 there will be something out there for even the hardest core simmer, but seriously guys, these current crop of beauties require a few hours at least to understand how they operate.My point! we are finally spoilt, too spoilt, so thankyou to all those making these wonderful addons and if anyone has advice how to balance my hobby with work and family wife then please help me.MY PREFERENCE LIST FOR THE CREDIT CARDLEVEL D B767, PMDG B747 (I hear a new level of simming)PSS B777+B757 (well over due)My contribution, oh god I need to win the lottery(no more work and more simming time) and be locked away for my own sanity.RegardsMiles