Sign in to follow this  
rippy

Next p3d patch / fix en route

First, it's not your place to tell Lockheed-Martin what they should and shouldn't do.  You are not the owner of said company and not in charge.  That's your primary source of frustration, this self-induced illusion that you're in control and/or have authority.  You're not and you don't.

All you can do is request, nicely.  That's it.  Ranting and raving about perceived slights and/or ambivalence on L-M's part is just a sheer waste of mental health.  Since you've already done that (of course I'm assuming you asked nicely)... your "job" is done.

They don't owe you anything, no really... they don't.  Heck they don't owe any of us anything.  Every single time we purchase software, it is always... and I do mean always sold "as is" with no guarantees or assurances of this, that or the other.  It's never, ever been different.

The fact that they are even listening to us at all is a plus, since they really don't have to.  However I can assure you that if the signal-to-noise ratio continues to deteriorate, they'll tune out.  Might want to consider that as you prepare to send out your next post, because bad posts affect all of us, not just the poster.

I never said I wanted to be in control or tell Lockheed Martin what they should do. I just want them to do what they said they would do.

I think they owe us something when raising our hype for no reason with stuff like this:

Instancing allows the rendering system to have graphics cards draw multiple copies of the same object at once.  This is most noticeable where many of the same objects are displayed multiple times.  A great example of this is in the autogen trees.  With the right video card, be ready to max out those autogen sliders with much less impact to performance.  Not only do trees perform better, they also transition in smoothly rather than popping in.  The system can actually instance model parts such as wheels and switches too.

lolwut :D

I replied once to this thread :D

Which is why I haven't Banned you from this topic. Keep pushing though...

Please do read my signature block for some free advice.  :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think you owe me something... how far you think that's going to get me?

Exactly.

L-M is doing a good job, whether it's good enough for you is strictly opinion... but on a professional business level, they're doing an excellent job.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Which is why I haven't Banned you from this topic. Keep pushing though...

Please do read my signature block for some free advice.  :Whistle:

I meant the thread you banned me from. There I replied once.

This thread, where we´re talking right now, I actually replied more times :ph34r:

so...yeah :D

I think we should all try to be civil.  I agree with N4gix's comments for the most part.  No one is twisting anyone's arm to buy P3D.  There are still a lot of folks on FS9 and FSX and those people are happy.  Do I get frustrated at some of the issues I encounter?  Yes I do, but I don't openly complain about it.  I try to work around it or just wait for the fix.

I've seen more response from LM than I have in ages in regards to taking feedback from developers and consumers.  We have no idea what the business side of LM is communicating regarding P3D.  LM has taken this hobby through some major milestones that we have never had.  I believe they are in it for the long haul.  It's not an easy business and one that you can just throw code out and expect it to work across thousands of environments.

Look at the challenges Orbx had with Vector and the Pilot's Global Mesh.  Sometimes a little patience goes a long way!

Cheers...

The fact that they are even listening to us at all is a plus, since they really don't have to. However I can assure you that if the signal-to-noise ratio continues to deteriorate, they'll tune out. Might want to consider that as you prepare to send out your next post, because bad posts affect all of us, not just the poster.

And therin lies the danger with some of the inane gum flapping. First we complained about FSX and the lack of cooperation by MS with the community - now we have excellent communication and we find something else to complain about.

"Glass half full" is SO apt.

I never said I wanted to be in control or tell Lockheed Martin what they should do. I just want them to do what they said they would do.

I think they owe us something when raising our hype for no reason with stuff like this:

ANd you might also think the world owes you a living but that isn't going to happen. This is the real world - things take time. Just because YOU have an itch due to autogen being on the cpu you want it NOW! Can YOU say they are not working on it?

Remember, they are building this for THEIR target customer. I would venture a guess that your autogen issue is not in the top 10 list of priorities. Doesn't mean they are NOT going to do it. Just means they haven't done it yet.

Some folks, and I am one, are happily enjoying some fantastic flights in P3D2 because they have enough common sense to set their system up reasonably.

There are SO MANY positive things about P3D2 that it amazes me that so many people with a proctologists view of the world continue to focus on what is missing.

I made ONE change to my system and have not had an OOM since. Took a heluva lot longer to achieve the same on FSX.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I meant the thread you banned me from. There I replied once.

This thread, where we´re talking right now, I actually replied more times :ph34r:

so...yeah :D

Well, now that you've reminded me, the other reason was that you stated in that post that you had gotten a refund.

So, just what is your purpose in continuing to rattle on, eh? Go to the FSX forum and talk about MS/ACES terrific support for their product. Oh wait, what support?  :rolleyes:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I find the debate all entertaining and never informative.. They are all still just a GAME for me! But I also wunder at times, how many folk's real interest is a financial gain? Nothing wrong with that either.

But I also wunder at times, how many folk's real interest is a financial gain? Nothing wrong with that either.

There's a whole lot wrong with it, but I don't think it applies in this case.  I've only seen it once myself.  I made the following post:

Ah, yes.  An IPO (initial public offering).  Stock options.  Dreams of getting rich overnight.  People will do things for stock options that they'd never do for mere money.  Those who have been offered stock options need to research what "lettered stock" really means.

Within 2 months of my posting that, all the rabid fanatical supporters except one had moved on.

I don't think that's our problem here. 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Can someone please make Seh and Chaotic Childhood go away. The whinnnnning just never stops. They would last less than 1 day on other forums.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I went back to FSX simply because all the scenery I had would not run properly in P3d. I bought the fixer for DX 10 and now it's running great! I still have P3d on my computer and go back to it, from time to time, as they improve the product. I was disapointed to learn and based on the "requirements" thought it was a 64 bit system, then after I bought it,,,,found out, it was not.

I'm happy that there is someone like LM that will continue to upgrade their flightsim, because THAT is our future. But, after saying that, there is not much use, in wasting time, trying to get a 32 bit system to really do the job. As long as I can have FSX, along with using the DX fixer and good scenery coming out with ORBX, I'll have to be satisfied with that. I applaud LM and hope they continue to improve P3d, but right now they should stop wasting their time on the 32 bit and get a 64 bit system,,,,,and THAT will change the flightsim world.

sounds like they still blame us and our "settings" for the ooms...

They might be right.

I have never had an oom in FSX in the 7.5 years I have been flying it.

No, you only had stutters, poor frame rates and CTDs.

Back on topic:

2) Paging/stutters/OOMs/etc.

We are looking into this. If you basically 'outkick your coverage' (american football term) then you can get in a bad state where your system can't keep up with paging everything in. We are working on continuing to clean this up and make it better.

We also realize other folks are having stutter issues and the like, and are looking into all of this.

We will involve more folks in helping us test this, as it has a LOT of variables.

These are all very positive items in the continued development of P3D.  P3D supporters can all be pleased that the team are addressing the paging issues that are currently resulting in stutters and oom's, which seems to be caused  by a memory leak that will get fixed.  The other really important item is they will be working with a wider variety of beta testers prior to releasing, so that is all good news.

A little off topic:

I also have to say that this forum should be for those who use or are interested in P3D as a platform and are looking for assistance, relaying constructive information, or simply wanting to feel a sense of community with like-minded individuals.  

Inserting excessive negativity into P3D topics, or any forum topics for that matter, does no good and is not productive.  If you are compelled to inform P3D supporters of how bad things are, perhaps this is not a good forum for you to read.  If you just cannot help yourself, however, then please just state it once and leave it alone after that.  Hopefully you would have better things to do and more constructive ways of spending your time.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Can someone please make Seh and Chaotic Childhood go away. The whinnnnning just never stops. They would last less than 1 day on other forums.

I think that is a might harsh. They both have valid concerns about P3d 2.1, albeit they both have been a  bit repetitive.

What's interesting about your "1 day" comment is that the staff over at the official LM forum have been more tolerant of ranting there than on any other official product forum that I have ever visited. They finally banned a few people just recently, because the tone of some of the posts was completely over the top. I can't imagine Laminar Research, ORBX, PMDG or any other company tolerating those kinds of posts for even two minutes.