Sign in to follow this  
BobK

Where at LAX would Virgin-USA go?

The latest I've heard is that LAX is the probable base for Branson's Virgin-USA (assuming he gets the authority to do so). Where in the terminal structure at LAX would you place a new airline? Every one of the 9 or so terminals always looks fully utilized to me. Any ideas?Thanks,Bruce.

Guest Vulcho

Where did you hear this news? I'm interested in reading it.

This is the forum message (real pilot's forum):http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=virginThere is still considerable doubt whether Branson will be able to set up a US airline. I can imagine the domestic airlines right now :).He has said that it will be at a gateway that Virgin Atlantic currently flies to (narrows it down a lot). I assume that some of the potential of LAX is to network with Virgin Blue (Australia), another goal of his.My question was more of "If this happened, where would you put an entire airlien operation at LAX?"Thanks,Bruce.

interesting.......i thought i had heard that VirginUSA was looking at KPHL as a base/hub.chris

Hi Chris,They have always stated that they would base at a location that Virgin-Atlantic flies currently to.At the risk of missing some places, I believe that limits them to LAX, SFO, ORD, LAS, JFK/EWR, BOS and IAD.They have also said that they will not compete with Jet Blue, so JFK is out. But LAX and EWR are the only places that Jet Blue do not fly into from the above list too (they use Long Beach in LA).Interesting times! I wonder about the reaction of the encumbent airlines if they actually do get this all together and do it.Thanks,Bruce.

Think he could have anything to do with "Project Roam"?

BobK