Sign in to follow this  
Cristiano Mueller

Would it be possible an update of callsings?

Hello guys;

I've been using the RC for a long time and I consider it the best ATC addon that exists. Maybe, and I point out, maybe it miss for online control. But still, in certain circumstances, nothing beats RC.

However, on these many years of life of the RC, many airlines have emerged, and others succumbed to the crisis.

What I wonder is if there is no possibility for an update on callsings, or if anyone knows if there is any change made by an user and wich can be downloaded.

The English is not my first language, and maybe I'm looking with the wrong words in the libraries.

Again, congratulations and thanks for the great addon. It is impossible to fly without it.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi Cristiano,

Sadly it's unlikely there will ever be any new call-signs added to RC4. As you probably know development of RC has now ceased and the many people who recorded voice sets are no longer available.

I agree it's difficult not to fly without RC4 but I think we'll just have to accept there will be no further changes to it.

BTW, your English is excellent. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

(...)
What I wonder is if there is no possibility for an update on callsings, or if anyone knows if there is any change made by an user and wich can be downloaded.
(...)

No updates to callsigns, as Ray pointed out already, but are you aware of the Meatwater voices available in the AVSIM file library? It's still the same voices and words, but the effects added really increase the immersion factor.

As a small consolation as far as callsigns are concerned,  most of us like to fly older liveries now and then, and isn't it nice to have a MALEV livery, for example, still called by her MALEV callsign?

Sadly it's unlikely there will ever be any new call-signs added to RC4. As you probably know development of RC has now ceased and the many people who recorded voice sets are no longer available.

Hi Ray.

Thanks for your fast reply. Yes, I know about the development of RC. My hope was that some user had given a way. 

BTW, your English is excellent.

It's a miracle called "Google Translate", with a minor changes of mine.  :lol:  :lol:

but are you aware of the Meatwater voices available in the AVSIM file library? It's still the same voices and words, but the effects added really increase the immersion factor.

Hi Oliver;

thank you for your reply too. I have the Meatwater voice pack installed. It's a must have.

As a small consolation as far as callsigns are concerned,  most of us like to fly older liveries now and then, and isn't it nice to have a MALEV livery, for example, still called by her MALEV callsign?

For sure, the old companies are untouchable here. I like to fliy with Varig here in Brazil, too. What I had thought was to add some, but not moving in which are there.

My hobby, in addition to flying in FSX, is making a video of each flight and put on Youtube. And many, many times, there is the comment from someone "this company does not have this callsing". And then every time I have to explain that I use the RC and it has no such company in its data base. That's why I was thinking about it. 

Ray and Oliver, thank you for your comments. And moving on. Good flights to all.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

most of us like to fly older liveries now and then, and isn't it nice to have a MALEV livery, for example, still called by her MALEV callsign?

And aren't I lucky that I persuaded the group to record Speedbird Concorde so I can still take her across the pond and elsewhere. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

And aren't I lucky that I persuaded the group to record Speedbird Concorde so I can still take her across the pond and elsewhere

When I saw in your signature "home to British Airways Concorde..." I thought: he must have a Concorde!! 

I've thought several times about buying the Concorde for FSX. But the greatness and ingenuity of the systems scare me.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

When I saw in your signature "home to British Airways Concorde..." I thought: he must have a Concorde!!

I don't have quite enough space at home for the real thing. But the flagship BA Concorde is permanently on display at Manchester Airport's Runway Viewing Park.

I've thought several times about buying the Concorde for FSX. But the greatness and ingenuity of the systems scare me.

I spent 6 hours going through the tutorial for the FSLabs Concorde-X last Friday and still haven't got as far as landing her at JFK. Compared to a 737 it was a huge learning curve. But it's a superbly modelled aircraft and well worth trying if you like a challenge. No flight is much longer than 4 hours as that was its range. But in that time you can cross the Atlantic! :biggrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't have quite enough space at home for the real thing.

But it was just that I thought that you had the Concorde in FSX. If you had it in your house, "Oh man, I need to visit you!!"   :lol:  :lol:

I'll think about the Concorde. I have flown basically PMDG and Aerosoft Airbus. It's time to see the trembling little clocks on the panel.

Once again thanks for your clarification.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

But it was just that I thought that you had the Concorde in FSX. If you had it in your house, "Oh man, I need to visit you!!"

It's at Manchester Airport, 3 miles away from me. That's where the real Concorde is. But the FSLabs one is very good and you should try it. They have a discount on at the moment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, Your voice set is part of RC, how much work was involved in recording the wav files and what process was used ?

I was wondering if one day those empty controller voice slots in the interface could be filled by new volunteers from the Radar contact forum.

Mad dog,

Each controller had to record 3,111 individual wav files. A pilot set was slightly fewer at 3,006. We used a wav recoding utility that presents the words to be said and you enunciate them to the best of your ability. There is no help regarding how to pronounce places and you may have spotted this with some controller and pilot sets.

The recorded wav files then have to be processed to even out differences in voice levels and a certain amount of noise added to make them more realistic. We used SoundForge.

It was a huge undertaking. I see no reason why additional voice sets cannot be created by users. It's probably best if I draw JD's attention to this and let him give the okay for the recording utility to be distributed.

Lastly, please let me make this clear. I doubt very much it will be possible to add any new call-signs or change existing ones. They would be out of sync with existing ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I forgot to clarify one thing. To get uniformity with a voice set all the wav files for that voice have to be batch processed. That's the bit I did with varying success. There were no other volunteers so I did it to the best of my ability.

Meatwater obviously had far greater skills than me or anyone else on the team but sadly he couldn't become part of the team. Assuming JD gives his okay to this request it remains to be seen whether each person would do their own batch processing or whether a volunteer will come forward.

Finally, we had to reject a lot of volunteer pilot and controller voices as their enunciation wasn't clear enough or the recordings were below standard. Hopefully any volunteers will not have those problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

To get uniformity with a voice set all the wav files for that voice have to be batch processed. That's the bit I did with varying success.

You did a very good job on those voices.

It sounds like a huge task but it would be really good to have some new controllers.

Dave march managed to find fifty or so volunteers when he did the PFE voice pack upgrade, I would like to think that the interest would be there in the community to do a few more sets for RC4.3

Those spare slots are begging to be filled up.

changing call signs would be a monumental task, involving the re-engagement of dozens of people to record new call signs. after that, there are hours of audio work, that at this point only person on the team can do. so i don't think it is practical at this time. if the callsigns you are seeking can be "made" by rearranging existing call signs, then any audio editing tool can be used for that. but you would have to do that for every pilot, every controller, and every chatter controller.

if you can get the new files made, i can walk you through how to change the \data file where the callsigns are maintained.

jd