Sign in to follow this  
kosull.88

PMDG use with FS Passengers

Does anyone use FS passengers with the PMDG 747, 777, or MD11?   My FSP will only work with the 747. When ever I try to use FS Passengers with the 777 or MD11 my sim crashes, usually before I even make it to TOC.   I have tried disabling FSP from controlling the payload but it has no effect.

Has anyone else had any issues using FSP with PMDG?   Any help or info would be appreciated.

Kevin

I never use it with fsp because they have there own failure package built right into it if you turn it on.

Ciao!

I used to use FSP with PMDG. I thought I was having issues related to FSP so I stopped using it. Turned out that issue was happening due to UIAutomationcore.dll.

After resolving that I felt too lazy to use FSP again. But I think it works well with PMDG.

Bilal Asif Khan

I sometimes fly with the NGX and  fsp. Some things works, some not. Real problems are with turbulence(no effect on aircraft) and minor failures - isolated electrical failures don't seem to work, for an example. Major failures like engine fire and birdstrike work. 

About your crashes - it is a pain in the &@($* to make fsp work with addons. Check your event log after your sim crash- that way you can tell which module is exactly failing and adress the problem.

Quick update.

I have removed UIAutomationcore.dll from my FSX folder and disabled failures in FSP.   I just did a quick 1 hour test flight with the 777 and no problems.    I am going to do some more tests and will report back!

Isn't UIAutomationcore.dll needed by FSX? especially for flying with faster sim rates....

Bilal Asif Khan

I used FSPassengersX with the 777 and 737NGX with success.  You have to load the fuel through the FMS in the plane before starting FSP.  Sorry, it has been long enough that I don't recall the exact steps, but I believe when you do that, the load out screen will already be populated with the fuel that is on the plane.  I had failures turned off, so I don't know how that works. 

--Don

Don Polidori

another update...

I did some test flights and had mixed luck

Removed UIAutomationcore.dll, disabled failures in FSP, and used PMDG for fuel & weights

KBOS-KEWR B777,  Flight fine, did have a joystick failure but that's a different prob

KEWR-PHNL B777,  Flight ok,  used 16x time compression to test stability and no probs

KEWR-KLAX MD11, App Crash, FSCopilot,  removed FS Inn & copilot  (was not on vatsim)

KEWR-KLAX B777, Sim crashed, no event listed in App crash viewer

KEWR-KLAX MD11, Sim crashed,          ''

KEWR-KLAX MD11, Re installed FSinn and copilot before flight,  APP Crash FSUIPC4 blamed

I would get App crashed even before FSinn & Copilot was ever installed.   The fault module was almost always listed as a stack_hash,  one time it was MSVCR80.dll .  Not sure what that means.  

I added UIAutomationcore.dll back to the FSX folder and no changes. 

Again these problems only happen with FSP.       At a loss for tonight.   A restart and some sleep for me and my PC and more test flights tomorrow.

Any other ideas or comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

I had the MSVCR80.dll error at one time and it was because my Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries were out of date.  You can google this and get the latest and reinstall.

You said you removed and then put back in UIAutomationcore.dll.  You need the Vista version of that file in your FSX directory, not just removing the current version. Maybe you know that, but I can't tell from the post.

This is a stretch, but the fact that several different things are causing the crash is strange.  I knew one poster that had such a screwed up affinity mask setting in the .cfg that he was essentially turning off all cores but one.  His sim crashed on whatever .dll happened to be in use at the time.  Maybe double check your config or start with a new one and see if helps.

--Don

Don Polidori

I have windows 8.1 should I still use the vista version? I will also try a clean config and see what happens. I used to get stack hash ctd's but none lately. I'll keep trying. I feel like I just have a ghost in my system. I'm hoping someday soon I can do a full rebuild and not have any gremlins.

Kevin

That I don't know.  I know the Win7 version created issues, but you want to keep that version where it is (I believe it is a system file in one of the system folders).  Then add the Vista version to the FSX folder.  I believe when FSX runs, it will find the Vista version first and use that because it is in the FSX folder.  But other programs can use the Win7 version.

In your case, I would think it is a similar situation but don't know for sure.  If you search on "UIAutomationcore" in the forums, you'll find links to the Vista version.

--Don

Don Polidori

I've had success removing the missonpanel.cfg file in the Gauges Folder. In addition to the UIanimationcore.dll fix of course.

I had no luck with UIautomationcore,   I tried the Vista version and also the latest version of the dll and they both acted the same.

BUT!!!!

I did remove the missionpanel.cfg file and I haven't had a crash since.   I have done a few test flights with the MD11 & 777 and not had any issues.   

I'm not sure why the missionpanel.cfg file would affect it but it seems to be the cause.

FIX:  Create a new folder outside of fsx folder named backup> then go to fsx folder>gauges>move file named "missionpanel.cfg" into your backup folder ( dont copy but just move out of ur fsx )> then copy in UIautomation.dll in to ur fsx root directory.. that should help u out fixing fspassenger crashes with PMDG.

i have now no fatal error or crash to desktop. done 8hrs straight flight with pdmg + fs passengers :D hope this helps! :D

I have the same Problem with PMDG 737 as soon as hits turbulence it crash and normaly my fsx doesn't crash.