Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Help needed - FSGenesis

Hi Everyone, 

Need a little help, I am unable to download the mesh files I paid for from FSgenesis. I tried to contact support but the website doesn't let me submit a ticket. The website is terrible!

Below is the email I sent.  Hopefully someone can help, or perhaps the FSGenesis staff members may read this forum.

Hi,

I am a long time customer and (ex) lifetime member. I recently upgraded to FSX and purchased a large amount of the Nextmap mesh.  

I am unable to download your products, have tried from 3 separate connections in two different countries.

My broadband in London is 50mb with Virgin Media, my girlfriends broadband is 30MB and my home in Bahrain is 20MB. Have also tried download resume software.

Every time the files are either corrupt or the download times out! Very frustrating, your servers seem extremely slow. I was able to download ORBX etc (huge files) within minutes.

Can you help with a solution? I was previously able to get files sent via disk as a lifetime galaxy member.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Hi Rob,

I have the same problem and your right their web site stinks. It's impossible to find anything connected with lifetime memberships and downloading. I've given up trying, so much for my galaxy lifetime membership.

Even if you go into account and my downloadable products it shows nothing.

I also don't like the fact that no version numbers are given online, so I have no idea if my disc's are up to date.

For a company I once held in high regards, they sure have lost a lot of altitude. Seems they are a fraction of what they once were.

It also looks like their submit ticket button doesn't work. At least in Firefox.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi Mike,

It does seem like they have gone downhill. Are they still owned by the same people/person? 

I just dropped a lot of cash on these mesh products, need to get hold of them one way or another.

Thanks for the reply

Rob Prest

Hi,

After you log in to their site, does your account show any downloadable products in the My Downloadable Products sub-page?. I see no products purchased.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hey,

Yeah, I see 19 products on my download page. Only issue is download is incredibly slow & then fails, or the zips are corrupt.   2 hours for a 1gig file!

The website is also glitchy,  it seems like they have gone cheap with the web host. Browsing seems ok, the issue starts when logged in.

Btw, I managed to send an email to them via an alternate method. If you need help in contacting them let me know.

Cheers

Rob Prest

Hi,

I used the contact us button on the bottom of their page and received a message that said my message was sent. The submit ticket button doesn't seem to work on my end.

UPDATE

Hi,

FSGenesis has been removed from my saved flight sim pages. My lifetime membership is apparently NOT a lifetime membership, So, it's time to move on... I'm done with FSGenesis!!! Apparently, there is no loyalty for customers who took a leap of faith with FSGenesis when they first started out (ten plus years ago) with nothing more than a promise of ongoing projects for a large sum of money. A large sum of money that I and many others paid in advance while we waited.

Companies that are not loyal to loyal customers are destine to fail, especially in this small/competitive market. Some type of arrangement should of been worked out for those of us that gave this company a large sum of money!.

FSGenesis has just joined the others I will not do business with: Captain Sim, Ariane Design (aka PapaTango), PSS (no longer in business) and from the ashes of PSS, Black Box Simulations.

Well, at least there is ORBX and SceneryTech.

Response from FSGenesis:

A staff member has replied to your question: Dear Galaxy Membership Customer, When FSGenesis was started 10+ years ago, nearly all of the data that we used came from publicly available sources, and therefore had no legal agreements or royalties associated with its use. However, to get the very highest quality data for our products, FSGenesis made a move approximately 3-4 years ago to begin purchasing and licensing these higher-detailed data sets to produce amazingly high quality scenery. Starting at this time, no new Galaxy Memberships were offered for sale on our website any longer.  There are 2 important points that need to be mentioned: 1st – Because the terms of the Galaxy Membership violate our service agreements with those that now supply the data used to create our high-quality Flight Simulator terrain, we are forced to discontinue all aspects of the Galaxy Memberships going forward. We understand this was not the original promise, and we are sorry to go back on that initial position. However, even the newest Galaxy members have had well over 2 years of all-you-can-eat content, which we hope has been a very fair trade. Unfortunately, we will not be able to grant access to any previously downloaded or un-downloaded content. 2nd – The Galaxy Membership program ultimately led to the financial collapse of the original FSGenesis company. There is now a new management team, and we are trying rebuild the structure of the company to be financially viable and continue to bring you the quality and service you are used to. Unfortunately, unlimited software downloads of all products on our website is not something that we can offer any longer. Nor could any company that hopes to stay in business. We hope you can understand our position on this matter, and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause you. This does not pertain to the items purchased outside of the memberships. Unfortunately we are not able at this time to automatically import previous purchases into your account on the new site though and they will have to be entered manually. Please provide us with a list of the products ordered in the last year or so along with the order number. We will attempt to verify these purchases. Once verified, we can add these purchases to your account as soon as possible. Be sure you have created an account on the new site with your complete name, address and e-mail address so we can properly add the titles to your account. Unfortunately, orders from before 2011 are not be eligible for reactivation on the new site. The ticket system has just been repaired. Thanks, FSGenesis Team

I had read something about them not trading anymore  and decided to check out their site on the 27.10.13 amazed it still worked so I spent a few hrs downloading all my purchases again ,but today it is a new site just tried my PW and no go,well goodbye genesis

At least FSpilotshop seems to have plenty of new FSgenesis stuff in sale.

Wow, Nextmap Europe bundle $89.95, looking at my email recipts I paid $19.48 when Justin first put the Europe bundle on sale.

I managed to get back into my downloads at the new site after sending in a ticket but to be honest I doubt I will bother re downloading my stuff.

I really do not want anything more to do with the new owners or Justin now after this.

Time to move on.

Hi,

The FSGenesis website is being shown as registered to Cameron Cox so maybe there is a new management team in place. Either way, FSGenesis lost my business.

I think Justin was forced to sell the site, if I've understood right now he sells product directly through fspilotshop, I could be wrong though. 

At least FSpilotshop seems to have plenty of new FSgenesis stuff in sale. 

http://www.fspilotshop.com/fsgenesis-m-435.html

Guy's,

Just got home from an evening out. I was fully aware the lifetime membership no longer exists, thought that was old news around here??  I mentioned lifetime membership in my initial email to let them know I was a dedicated customer. 

I fully took advantage of the service they offered over the years, not surprised they cancelled it since it was an extremely poor business decision in the first place. 

I received an email from them (posted below) will try again and see what happens.

The fact that they answered me quickly still gives me faith. I have had  no reason to be disappointed in the past.

(Reply)

Hi Rob,
We had a problem with our site that affected the Help Desk tickets and the shopping cart and may also have affected the downloads as well. Please try it again as I can log into your account and download the products.

FSGenesis.com

Rob Prest

Wow, I understand not allowing access to the new stuff, but to not allow downloads of the old stuff that was from unlicensed sources is garbage.  I can still go to any of the other software shops and re-download things that I've already paid for.  Guess I better back up all my FSGenesis installers off my hard drive onto DVD's and hope they don't get toasted before FSX finally dies at some point.  Might be time to go buy FSGlobal.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Guess I better back up all my FSGenesis installers off my hard drive onto DVD's and hope they don't get toasted before FSX finally dies at some point.

That's a good decision, I do that with all payware I buy. You never know when a company might close down, taking your download access with it.

I'll continue buying FSGenesis stuff from fspilotshop whenever they have a -50% sale or so. 

I was a FS Genesis lifetime member as well.

I found that the quality of their products the last couple of years before the sale had gone downhill. Justin was putting things out too fast without much quality control to try and make a quick buck.

He also made a lot of promises that he never kept. He would start to update an older product, and then drop it to go to something he thought he had a better chance of making money on.

I have since moved on to FS Global Ultimate. I have found it to be much better quality then all of the FS Genesis products.

Bill