Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Help needed - FSGenesis

Hi Bill,

I have also purchased all the main FS Global areas. My understanding is the FS genesis Next map areas are a much higher resolution, unless I am mistaken?  The plan was to have fsglobal for the entire planet & Nextmap for places with mountains like Austria, Switzerland, Columbia etc

Kind regards

Rob Prest

Hi Bill,

I have also purchased all the main FS Global areas. My understanding is the FS genesis Next map areas are a much higher resolution, unless I am mistaken?  The plan was to have fsglobal for the entire planet & Nextmap for places with mountains like Austria, Switzerland, Columbia etc

Kind regards

Hi Rob,

I am not sure if the FS Genesis Next map areas are a much higher resolution or not.  I don't know very much about the technical aspects of mesh. There is a good explanation of how Pilots do their mesh as opposed to others on their website.

I tried FS Genesis Next Map South America, and a few other Next Map areas before Justin sold his company. I found them to have an excessive amount of holes, spikes, plateaus etc. I ended up disabling them and reverting back to the older mesh which didn't have as many issues. I don't know if the new buyers have since fixed them up, or if they are still the same.

I think the airports that are on plateaus or in holes in FS Global areas are supposed to be fixed in the Vector update. I am not sure if it will fix FS Genesis issues. Even without Vector, I have found there to be far fewer issues with FS Global Ultimate then I had with FS Genesis.

Bill

The new FSGenesis "team" is a joke. I wouldn't give them the time of day.  Do I sound a bit peeved? I hope so because, in reality, I'm really ******.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Good to see I'm not alone here.  I too spent lots of money buying Justin's product when he was pleading for financial support or he would immediately go out of business.  I see how he repays us...refuses to honor his previous commitments.  Hopefully others will learn from us in this thread and not fall for Justin's business practice.  Disappointing! 

Mike

Mike Franks

I am disappointed to learn of this.

I signed for a Galaxy membership well more than 10 years ago. I supported Justin when he got hit with financial and personal disasters and was forced to beg the members for money. I praised his products unreservedly. It was an honorable and worthile place to do business.

I can understand that ownership can change but it is beyond me why I would not be notified of these changes and given a chance to redownload something I misplaced. The new owner clearly has no interest in honoring previous business commitments.

I am also appalled that a business can deny me access to product that I had previously purchased in the good faith that it would always be available. I do not for one second believe that the current data rights holders prevent this.

I think that what was once a jewel in the flight sim community has turned into a shoddy and dubious enterprise.

I hope that Justin has severed all connection with this outfit. I used to hold him in the highest regard and I would not like to change that opinion.

I was going to post about this today. Along with other stuf, i have purchased "Backroom Bundle" last year. 

I was told that software i've purchased last year "has a value of several hundred dollars of software and was offered by the previous management (Justin) as a very low cost and unfortunately is no longer available as it was"

As a courtesy i was allowed to select any 3 titles from the list of past titles from the Backroom Bundle. Never bothered to respond or to select and download anything. I am disappointed with fsgenesys and i'm looking into PILOT'S FSGlobal, which looks nice

I see how he repays us...refuses to honor his previous commitments. 

He had to sell the site, thus I don't think he has any control over what the new management does with the business. 

Blame the new management, not Justin. 

I got pretty much all the products when they were on sale & backed them up on multiple hard drives, I think I got good value for my money. 

Now I just need to get a couple of meshes for South America and it's all pretty much complete, those I will buy from FSpilotshop of course. 

I don't know if Justin is still part of FSGenesis, but the owners should still honor the previous purchases.  We did buy them.  It's not like they're a new product.  If you have a "lifetime membership", then you have a "lifetime membership"!  That needs to be honored!

Mike

Mike Franks

I was a FS Genesis lifetime member as well.

I found that the quality of their products the last couple of years before the sale had gone downhill. Justin was putting things out too fast without much quality control to try and make a quick buck.

He also made a lot of promises that he never kept. He would start to update an older product, and then drop it to go to something he thought he had a better chance of making money on.

I have since moved on to FS Global Ultimate. I have found it to be much better quality then all of the FS Genesis products.

Bill

Similar story here.  I gave up on FSGenesis a while back after getting fed up with promised mesh packages and updates never being released.

I've been very pleased with FS Global Ultimate terrain mesh so far.  It's high quality, plus you get the entire world with only 3 products.  Heck of a deal.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

He had to sell the site, thus I don't think he has any control over what the new management does with the business. 

Blame the new management, not Justin. 

I got pretty much all the products when they were on sale & backed them up on multiple hard drives, I think I got good value for my money. 

Now I just need to get a couple of meshes for South America and it's all pretty much complete, those I will buy from FSpilotshop of course. 

As being an ex-lifetime member as well I just reactivated my password but did not find anything in my product list. As far as I understand there is even no chance to get this list re-established probably except the NEXT-Map products I purchased separately. Consequently I opened a ticket and asked them to delete my account. It seems, I have to spend some some extra time in order to backup the whole sim as well (even if I did that already more than once) and not only the product spectrum.

Regarding Justin's previous support I only can say that he lost his reputation in my personal view over the last years. It's quite a long time ago that he responded quite quickly on error reports. The last years nothing happened at all.

However, the caravan moves on and FSG is history for me.

Regards,
Axel

I went round with the new FSGenesis and gave it up - I was a full Galaxy member with Justin; with the new organization you must furnish proof of purchase for every old item you wish to download.  Justin's system didn't use order numbers for Galaxy members - you just downloaded what you wanted.  I explained this and got no intelligent response; just a repeat of the demand for order numbers. Sadly I'm done with them.  Fortunately, I have all my files except for a very few of the newest that I hadn't bothered to download.

I do wish Justin the very best though - he provided a great service for a lot of years and he deserves his new life.

DJ

I am wondering what was EULA for this lifetime membership. Was there any?

Seems to be more an more common to take a steps by devs not caring about customer situation, just to squeeze a bit more $ from our pockets :(

I know this is an old, fading fast thread, and I have really nothing to say about the FSGenesis Galaxy-membership diss the new company management (whenever you see that phrase "under new management" watch out. It tends to mean the new management is out to squeeze the last penny from loyal customers of the previous company until the company's name dies a suffering death). I am posting about the marketing ploy called "Lifetime Membership". It does not mean until you die or for life. It means they don't have to keep asking for dues for some 10 years.

I learned this the hard way.

Upon retiring from the USNavy in the mid-1980s I worked for a defense contractor, doing a lot of consultancy for NASA, DIA, DARPA, etc. High level classified stuff. Since a lot of our work was military intelligence oriented I joined the NMIA, National Military Intelligence Association, for those who worked in the field either in the military, intel agencies or through industry, etc. After the first year I purchased a Lifetime membership, dated 1985.

In 1997 I had wondered why my subscriptions to quarterly had stopped. I was told "Lifetime" is a marketing ploy so the member doesn't have to keep current and the entity does not have to keep begging you to send them money. A new one on me then.

The newest version of that "automatic renewal;" it achieves the same thing. I tried that once and will never do it again because, though they claim your credit information is encrypted why would you want folk you do not know holding on to your credit card information - with your permission - but if they get a breach do not expect them to do much to clean that personal financial mess up. You will have to sue them then.

Anyway, it bites FSG's Galaxy membership is history. I too thought that business model was not good for the merchant. But I was pro-active enough to keep redundant backups of all my installers. So I do not have the emotional sting of being dissed.

Cheers,

bushsimmer

.... not sure about the life time, but I got the original DVD'S and no issues ..... I think form the reactions here that it's a good  time to part from Geneses and move on to FS Global    :P

Yair