Sign in to follow this  
captJaz

My plane will not level off at CRZ level

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I program the MDCU I put in that my crz level should be FL250. Everything goes well on the climb out until I suddenly realize my speed drops to almost stall. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't know what the problem is because without using FS2crew, this doesn't happen. As my plane continues to climb to cruise level, it barely makes it without stalling. However, the nightmare is not over because once I reach cruise level the plane does not stop climbing. It continues to climb until I completely disengage autopilot and try to correct for the stall. By this time, I'm struggling to keep the plane in the air. Can someone please provide me with some suggestion on what I maybe doing wrong?

What are using for flight controls?  Do you have trim mapped to a joystick switch?  It could be an issue with your trim not disengaging when the autopilot is engaged. Just a thought.  Though I can't think of why it would only happen with FS2Crew.

Cheers,

Jeff

I think it maybe due to the trim. I know that ifly is very picky about trim that if you don't have it set just right it will not connect the autopilot. I'm not a real world pilot and I have no experience what it take to level a real 737 after take-off. Because of this I have really hate to fly the model. But I found out today that I brought a copy of fs2crew years ago and put it on the shelf when I couldn't get the ifly 737 autopilot to connect. However, recently I read that if you set the VNAV and autothrottle before t/o it will engage without having to fumble around trying to trim the aircraft. Yet this is the opposite of what is happening in FS2crew flow. Oh and yes I use CH for my yoke and Saitek x52 for my throttle. I don't mess with the trim once I'm in the air. I guess I'm going to shelves the ifly 737 because I just don't like how they have made it a real pain to figure out how to trim the thing so that it works with fs2crew.

Yes once I take off, I wait until I'm about 1200ft then I select autopilot and the plane autopilot will connect. VNAV and LNAV work too. I'll work on this all day today to try to figure out what is going on.