Sign in to follow this  
srut2000

what addons fsx should I get for 60 dollars

what fsx addons i should buy i just got 60 bucks.

I like to fly airliners already have pmdg 737 ngx but i haven't looked into scenery addons.

I would go for largest scenery bang for the buck, like Ultimate Terrain X or FTX-Global.

Aside, search out freeware. There is TONS of it for TONS of areas and costs you nothing but greatly enhances FSX.

Majestic dash 8 i think is that much.  Great but VERY complex.. Personally I am waiting for FS2CREW

FSDREAMTEAM scenery is great, but usually they come on sale every few month.  I have ORD,JFKV2,LAX,LAS

Have a look @ ORBX Scenery.

I only fly USA right now is it worth it to buy fs2crew I get a 30% discount on all fs2crew products

You can buy it, however you need a specific addon.  I see you have the PMDG NGX.  Personally, I think I like it more than their 777 and FS2CREW adds increased realism by putting in a first officer.

I would go for largest scenery bang for the buck, like Ultimate Terrain X or FTX-Global.

Aside, search out freeware. There is TONS of it for TONS of areas and costs you nothing but greatly enhances FSX.

And before you do that please remember that UTX covers different things than ftx global.

Back to the topic - fs2crew for AXE and NGX owners is best thing which could happen for flight simming immersion.

I literally cannot fly without it, even though I remember the startup procedures after few months of learning.

Top quality product.

Anyway - there will be as many answers as users.

I have also started with 60 bucks to spend and ended up with 1000 bucks put into the sim which is around 25% of what I am planning to spend this and next year to improve my experience. You need to set up a plan for yourself - what do you want to achieve and what do you care about most. IFR or VFR, GA or airliners, which continent, do you need real weather depiction or would you like to see great ground services or maybe sound enhancements, which addon airports fits you most etc etc - it is a never ending story. I am in worst position a simmer can be because I am all rounder - I wanted to fly ga and jets keeping it as real as I can, in Europe but than suddenly also in USA and now in Australia (preparing to get orbx AU soon). I liked the ground services immersion but than I missed weather so I added it too. Too much vas load - ok there is scenery fixer for dx10. Now wait - I want it more eye candy, let's enhance whole world with mesh, textures and roads - why limit myself to one continent, what if I want to go further? I never know what I will do today in my sim so I needed complex coverage and lot of enhancements. This justifies my spendings (not in the eyes of my GF). "Honey!! Do you really think I can fly this ultra realistic 737 without a YOKE?!"

Question is - what do YOU want from your sim?

FTX Global is out of your price range. FSDT does have the two airports you mentioned. Those bought together will be close to your budget.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Realair Duke Version 2 is one of the very best total packages out there.  RXP integration.  Amazing handling - a joy to hand fly.  Good documentation.  Pressurized so you can get up to altitude and go fast. 

Love it.

MCE is the best value I've ever gotten from an FS Utility (aside from fsuipc of course).  I only got it originally to support aircraft that FS2Crew didn't or hadn't yet covered, but I ended up preferring it for it's flexibility, and now use it almost exclusively.

what fsx addons i should buy i just got 60 bucks.

I like to fly airliners already have pmdg 737 ngx but i haven't looked into scenery addons.

It would be better if you would put your PC specs in your profile so we can see what you would be able to run. Would really suck if you spent $60 to drop your frame rate to 13-15 FPS because of a demanding addon. Also list all your addons if there are more than the 737 NGX.

my pc specs

CPU : i5 3570K (not overclocked)

GPU : GTX 650 Ti Boost evga special edition

RAM : 8gb

Where do you like to fly? Any particular countries or airports? Are you more interested in detailed airport packages, or global scenery addons?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png