Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

26 most beautiful views you can see while approaching airports around the world

I'm saving this and am going to fly into some of these just to compare.  I don't expect them to be close but, I keep working on lighting and I think that's one of the bigger reasons why they don't compare. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This is a great video for FSX for one of those airports listed, Paro.

Have you tried this one yet?

Rob

Nice link but the quality of the photos range from outstanding to absolutely awful. How about that beach runway?

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Beautiful and breathtaking views. Yesterday I made a flight from Rome to Venice, it's great, even in simulator! :D 

Nice article (for once) in the daily mail (uk)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568681/Its-shame-land-Pilots-reveal-26-beautiful-views-approaching-airports-world.html

how AMS/EHAM is on there I dont know....

Great article. I wish many of the pictures where actually approach pictures versus location shots. Venice was an actual shot for the aircraft which looked amazing. It's cool we have a few of the airports mentioned in FS to compare. Some of the places I never thought about flying to until now and others are great ideas for scenery developers.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I took a flight into Cote d'Azur a while back on the sim using FTX Global.  I was turning final from the east, over the mountains along the coast and looked down (flying the Flight1 Mustang).  Even in the sim...wow.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Here's a few from beautiful PAJN/JNU.  I think they're better looking than many of the smoggy city-scapes on that link, but I'm a little biased.  :P

h1hg.jpg
22yi.jpg
1w89.jpg

In the 1980s you would fly over the  Pyramids of Giza.  Wow, what a view. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060