Sign in to follow this  
rohen

Buffer alarm

HI, getting a` buffer alarm` warning on thr FMC, any ideas anyone what this means?

tks rohen

Hi, yeh could be, its happened twice when the auto pilot will not switch on even though vnav latnav works.

tks rohen

This  bird is a lot more  real then you might think .I fuel this thing up the other day and up I go to 40,000 ft. on a West jet flight . I get up there in cruise and I notice the cockpit shaking  and my speed is in the stall zone and I look down at the FMC and it says buffer alert,  and I cant figure what the heck is ailing this thing .Then I happen to notice that when looked at my fuel situation when  I filled it up with fuel I had put way way to much fuel by mistake and just noticed it  but I keep going not knowing any better why this bird is buffing. Next day I go to Calgary to visit my friend who is Captain for West jet on this thing and I pick his brain on a few topics cause i fly it like an 'ol lady . So I says  to him 'hey the other day I was flying  in cruise and the cockpit was shaking and the FMC said 'buffer alert' what the heck is that ? He looks at me puzzled and said "you must of been at stall speed ,so I says "ya as a matter of fact I was come to think of it .Then he says you must of had to much fuel for the height you were at and she was buffing. And I said yes I over filled it by a lot . So he said to me " you mean to tell me that 737 in your sim simulated that situation, and said "I guess so you just told me what it was that caused it" He was pretty impressed so you cant say we don't have a good model . .