Sign in to follow this  
steeleimaging

PMDG Customer Service

Hi Mike:

I must first say that I love PMDG. I own the 747 and 737. These arrived boxed from an online vendor.

I could not buy a boxed set in June 2014, so I downloaded the aircraft from PMDG. I was late in installing it, due to unrelated circumstances. After multiple tries (about 20), I finally received a Ticket number. However, no further help from PMDG. When I log-in to PMDG, there is no evidence of a Ticket, and no record of my purchase. I have copied the receipts. So basically I have given up and written off the $89 I paid for it. There is a large community of unhappy customers, so I wonder what is wrong.

Thanks for your reply.

Hinestly why does it take 10 days to take a backup of things that you pay for..than wait for a day for pc to crash

I too have gone to their site and all leads me here. It appears they are having problems with the ticket system. It seams not very convenient. I'm frustrated. Why is the download only good for 10 days. I had it saved on my hard drive until it crashed and now have re-installed everything but this.

Well This seemed to help. emailed SupportDesk@precisionmanuals.com and got an instant reply. Downloading now as i speak. Hope it Helps

After multiple tries (about 20), I finally received a Ticket number. However, no further help from PMDG. When I log-in to PMDG, there is no evidence of a Ticket, and no record of my purchase. I have copied the receipts. So basically I have given up and written off the $89 I paid for it. There is a large community of unhappy customers, so I wonder what is wrong.

There is no "large community of unhappy customers" that I am aware of.  Where are you getting that from?  There are very few reports of orders paid for but not being fulfilled, and it looks to me like they all get resolved if they are legitimate.

I went back and checked.  When I purchased both the original 777 release a year ago and when I purchased the 777-300ER when it came out,  I received two e-mails each time.  One of them had the serial number and a link to download the installation file. 

Also, there are two different logins, I believe. 

One is for your account.  Your account should show your orders, including serial numbers.  If your download link has not expired it will be there too.  If you don't already have an account -- if you didn't set one up when you purchased the 777 -- you can still register a new account.  This is all at precisionmanuals.com, their home page, upper right corner.  There is also a "forgot password" link in there. 

The other is for filing tickets.  You must have already done this, but just to mention it again, you start from the same home page.  You click on the "support" tab top center, then you choose "Product Support" (NOT Customer Service -- that will get you back to these forums).  I think you need to create a separate login here, but I'm not sure since my computer logs on automatically to the ticket page (since I've filed several). 

So: do you still have your e-mails?  Where did you get your ticket number from?  The tickets are all visible from this page:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

Then click on "tickets." 

You may need to register on this page, as I just said above, but you should already be registered if you already filed a ticket.  Also, I always receive e-mails when PMDG replies to my tickets.  Did you get an e-mail?  You can reply to that, or you can respond on the "tickets" page.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_claims_court

On topic:

What we see here is the downside of ticket based support systems. They are efficient and people get help on a first come first served basis. But some find them too slow and unpersonal. Some people lack the technical skill to use them, the time or are just plain impatient.

The latter get even more fustrated because there is no person they can turn to or call a phone number and let others do the work for them. Some people claim to be part of a "large community of unsatisfied customers" to lend legitimacy to their complaint.

Just real life unfolding. I have dealt with customers half of my work life.

And pray tell how is this 'vexed' customer going to take PMDG to a small claims court?

id 176261,

This is a very interesting topic, I have been having all these problems too,and it's all be cause of a

change of  e-mail address.

Change of company at the time of up grading to Ultra broadband,it's been a proper disaster,I can no longer use the old e-mail so can't login,tried changing name, password etc; only made things worse.

This (not any fault of PMDG) I wish to make this clear, it's mine.

But it would help if all  the customer had to do was enter  the ID number they sent   us   and  the new e-mail address and they could then send the customer a connecting email so as to sort the problems out.

Even the ID number came back (not in our data base) so if PMDG are reading this could they contact

me at my email address which is   bop.Deco@kinect.co.nz.

Willic     71

This ist exactly what happens when you open a support ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com

The account you create there is totally independent from your shop account - just use any mail address you like and provide proof of purchase. They will sort out the rest for you.