Sign in to follow this  

SimPlates 2004 - Ho-hum for me. What else?

Dan the simcharts sounds good,does it have STARS for VABB, mumbai international, if so what are the names of the STARs into 27 ?thx

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Yes, you're right! There is GG4 indeed. (But why is it under that separate "FAA" tab instead of IFR? I don't understand this organization).There's nothing obscure about WMKK. It's one of the largest airfields in the world today. I've visited it a dozen times in real life and the perimeter is h-u-g-e.Perhaps I shall look into the additional packs. It sounds as if you have torrents more data than me.JS

VABB:No STARS listed, but IFR minimums, departure procedures, and EPKOS 1A 2A 3A P'S. ILS 9, 14. VOR 9.You have to choose circling to get to 27 and the AGL is quite high so I would assume there are terrain obstacles to straight ins to 27.With a field elevation of 38 and a west MSA of 2600 and an east MSA of 3700 at the 25 nm radius it looks like your dropping in through a valley or whatever. This is the 9 ILS plate I'm looking at.

On their web site they explain why the US STARS are organized differently, don't recall.The additional airports for each plate pack are listed on their web site so you can decide whether to purchase them individually or in yet another bundle.You can also (if you have a fast connection) download free updates for Norway, and I think Lithuania and Rumania. The old USSR areas have been added with the opening up of the info.

I'm amazed at what type of product people expect for less than 50 dollars when the charts they are trying to purchase run in the hundreds when you are talking about most big airports in the world. I really love simplates but unfortunately I pre-ordered mine, never knew about the 3rd CD and would rather not pay 30 bucks just to add on more airports. Looks like I can download additional airports and a patch from their site... nice!Anyway if you aren't happy with simplates maybe you need to step back and tell yourself "it's just a game"