Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Learjet beacon light

I am using FlightKeeper. I always loose points because the beacon light is posted as not lighted when I start the flight from cold. I do switch the Beacon/strobe switch (one switch for both lights).Is there something I can do to have the beacon active ?Here is the aircraft cfg for lights /learjet[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.0 = 3, -39.00, -23.6, -0.25, fx_navredm ,light.1 = 3, -39.00, 23.6, -0.25, fx_navgrem ,light.2 = 3, -63.63, 0.00, 9.20, fx_navwhi ,light.3 = 1, -37.00, 0.00, -2.59, fx_beaconb ,light.4 = 2, -36.97, 0.00, -2.62, fx_strobe ,light.5 = 1, -63.05, 0.00, 9.75, fx_beaconh ,light.6 = 5, -29.7, -1.3, -1.71, fx_landing ,light.7 = 5, -29.7, 1.3, -1.71, fx_landing ,light.8 = 4, -16.00, 0.00, 2.25, fx_vclight,light.9 = 4, -27.00, 0.00, 0.25, fx_vclighth,Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest 737_200_Pilot

Go to spot view and make sure the nav or rotating bcn is on before sarting.

Guest RonB49

You may need to add a separate beacon switch to the panel.cfg file. I can't load FS right now to check but I seem to recall doing that on the Learjet. R-

Ron,Where can I learn how to add a switch on the panel?Or what tool to use?Roger

Roger

Guest RonB49

You can use Notepad or any text editor to manipulate Panel.cfg. It is located in the Panel folder under Flight Simulator 9AircraftLear45. Make a backup copy of this file before you start. You'll want to add a line that places a beacon switch on your Learjet panel. Mine looks like this.gauge34=cpt.toggles.steel!BeaconLights, 5,272,14,20The switch gauge comes from the file cptts1.2.zip by Jorge Salas. I downloaded it from the AVSIM library. There may be a later version. If you can't find cptts1.2.zip, you can use a beaco switch gauge from some other aircraft in your hanger.Put the entry at the bottom of the main panel section of the panel.cfg file and use the next sequential gauge number (if the last gauge is 33, then use 34). The numbers 5 and 272 are the X and Y coordinates on you main panel. These numbers (5 and 272) won't be correct for the default panel (I have rearranged all if the light switches on my panel) but you can start there and experiment with the placement. The 14 determines the horizontal size of your gauge and 20 is the vertical size. Larger numbers make a larger gauge. I hope that this helps. R-

Ron,You opened a vast new area for me. Following your tip I found the SDK site of Microsoft and the FS Panel Studio tool.From there I will probably find more gems.Roger

Roger