Sign in to follow this  
adnansajid

FSX Taskbar or Menu CTD

Hi ,

I am getting the following error sometime i tried to open some menu on FSX taskbar. OR  sometime on FSX screen with right click.  OR sometime hanging the wings view from right click menu.

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: unknown

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

I am getting the following error sometime i tried to open some menu on FSX taskbar. OR sometime on FSX screen with right click. OR sometime hanging the wings view from right click menu.

I have set up a new topic for you as you posted to a CTD that has been resolved.  It gets complicated when there are several crashes posted by different members in the same topic.

Your event viewer report indicates you had a BEX (BufferExceptionOverrun) type error with no faulting module.  BEX errors are usually tied to ntdll.dll or StackHash module crashes.  Those modules may or may not show up in future crashes.  It's all an indication of high settings in your Fsx.cfg and/or Display Driver settings.  First thing you should do is delete or rename your fsx.cfg, restart FSX and let the config rebuild.  This will remove any tweaks you might have added and/or high settings.  If the crash still occurs, then it could be a problem with a scenery so you should go into your Scenery Library and disable every addon scenery (if any).  If this does not fix the problem, then you need to go and disable any installed modules.  This is done through the dll.xml.  You open up this file with NotePad and change the Disable line from False to True, save the file and see if this fixes the problem.  The procedures for doing this are detailed in the AVSIM CTD Guide (see the link under Hot Spots to the right of this forum).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10