Sign in to follow this  
WR269

P3D2.1 compatible version of FS Global Real Weather release imminent

From their Facebook page, they expect release this weekend. Must say, the screen shots look terrific!

From their Facebook page, they expect release this weekend. Must say, the screen shots look terrific!

Nice shots so far! Looking forward to the release... :smile:

Patric

This has been going on since late November of last year, so the only good news will be when it is actually released. Same with ASN for P3d. Vaporware and closed betas do not equate to software, best that I can tell. I want add-ons to be tested thoroughly and to work correctly, but rumors don't contribute to that happening any faster.

This has been going on since late November of last year, so the only good news will be when it is actually released. Same with ASN for P3d. Vaporware and closed betas do not equate to software, best that I can tell. I want add-ons to be tested thoroughly and to work correctly, but rumors don't contribute to that happening any faster.

At least it is an indication that they are doing it properly ..... unlike some developers who just say "yes it is compatible"

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to seeing this released.  For me I will make a decision once this product and ASN is available, and I think both products will be very good.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Fair call. Although FSGRW were upfront and advised their P3D2 version would not be out until mid January. Then they delayed it until LM fixed the temp issue.

Another delay was announced when they found a bug in the weather code of P3D2 and advised they would hold back until LM fixed it.

Now they have finally announced release for this weekend. I for one am really happy, it is a great product and they have been upfront with their development.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Fantastic! !! Downloading now.

Just installed and run, no fiddling required, absolutely stunning. It controls moving clouds, no wind shifts, no cloud popups, this is great!

Does it give upper level winds /  temperature for your flight plan at your cruise altitude?

Does it update FS9, FSX, P3Dv2.1 properly for departure / arrival ATIS?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Anyone can compare this to Opus?

I wouldn't compare it...just because it gets the job done WITHOUT any glitches (wind shifts, cloud popups, stutters...). It just works. And the weather depiction is spot on. I flew the last 4 hours with it. Absolutely nice.

Does it give upper level winds /  temperature for your flight plan at your cruise altitude?

Does it update FS9, FSX, P3Dv2.1 properly for departure / arrival ATIS?

2x yes

Does FSGRW have any facility for downloading/saving global weather similar to Activesky ? The features page says:

Historic weather (supporting static, dynamic or file-mode)

...but Opus makes similar claims, and the theme system isn't quite what I want.

I can honestly say that is the one single feature that has kept me with AS over the years, though I am more than willing to give something else a try. 

Regards,

Brian Doney

This is edging me closer and closer to a migration to P3D.   I gave up on real time weather from my chosen weather-textures/weather-engine add-on late last year and went to FS Global Real Weather as my real time weather engine..  I have never regretted it, not for even a second of time.  Its not the slickest add on around, but it just works when you want something to work.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere