Sign in to follow this  
Guest static

CH Yoke problem ! Has this ever happened to you?

Guest pjanastacio

Hi All!Today, my CH Products Flight Sim Yoke 'fried' again. This is the third time this has happened to me over the last year. It seems that static electricity zapped my yoke. I was cycling the views using a button on the joystick and felt a small zap. Once this happens, the hat switch button gets stuck in the up position. Luckily, the yoke is under the two year warranty, but I have no yoke for about three weeks. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or better yet, what can I do to prevent this.Peter Anastacio

Guest PhilipsCDRW

That's never happened to me - I've lost some functionality on the hatswitch (down+left no longer works) and occasionally the sim will stop registering the yoke (mainly this happens with Il-2, but at least a couple of times under FS9). I like the CHPro yoke!

Guest aca_dia

My yoke has worked perfectly for three years. I have taken it apart to clean and lubricate the parts for smoother operation.The only issue I have had with a CH Product was with my rudder pedals. I lost brake function on one side. I took the unit apart and found that one wire had gotten free of its guide and was cut. Easy fix and they have been working great ever since.Douglas

That's similar to my problem. My left brake gets stuck sometimes in the applied position and I need to apply a little pressure on the bottom of the pedal which releases it. I am going to take mine apart and check it out since you were successful. Another annoying problem I get once in a while is the loss of connection of the yoke and pedals to the simulator. I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB connectors to their ports. Not sure why this happens! Other than those problems my yoke and pedals have worked fine for about 2.5 years. Hope this helps.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest pjanastacio

>That's similar to my problem. My left brake gets stuck>sometimes in the applied position and I need to apply a little>pressure on the bottom of the pedal which releases it. I am>going to take mine apart and check it out since you were>successful. Another annoying problem I get once in a while is>the loss of connection of the yoke and pedals to the>simulator. I have to disconnect and reconnect the USB>connectors to their ports. Not sure why this happens! Other>than those problems my yoke and pedals have worked fine for>about 2.5 years. Hope this helps.>>AirbusBe careful! I did not take my yoke apart, since that would invalidate the 2 year warranty. I would not advise this. It is best to call up CH Products who will provide an RMA, provided you are under the 2 year mfg warranty. I've done this now for the third time. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem to mine, where static electricity from your fingers 'zaps' the yoke, rendering it useless (i.e. hat switch stuck in the up position).Peter

Guest static

A lot of the problems with CH Products yokes and pedals is due to dodgy USB ports. If your mainboard has a VIA chipset then forget it! Get a PCI card with a couple of USB 2 ports on it and use them for the CH stuff.