Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Best Payware ERJ CRJ

Guest byoung

Just wanting an opinion of the BEST Payware CRJ or ERJ to purchase. What is the difference between the CRJ and ERJ?I am a twin prop pilot transistioning to the passenger jets.Thanks!Barry

I believe that Feelthere offers the only payware ERJ/CRJ's.As far as the difference between the two, one is made in Brazil, and the other in Canada. :)Seriously, go to airliners.net and view what they say about both. Visually, there's differences and also in terms of performance and service ceiling. Both have done very well in the Regional market.-JohnEdit:I put two airliners.net links to help you out:http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=198http://www.airliners.net/info/stats.main?id=125

Barry,I love both (Feelthere), quite frankly I haven't seen any other payware RJ's period, but I might be wrong.The ERJ is a little newer with regards to technology (I mean the sim product) and gauges and FMC capability are a bit more advanced and fluid in the ERJ, especially if you like to handfly it down to minimums.What still amazes me about the CRJ is the flight model of the -200 during landing. I have quite a few hours in the CRJ FTD and the balooning during landing if you retard to rapidly is just like the real thing.Overall, it's really a matter of personal preference, I love them both.Here's a link to feelthere forums, maybe you want to search in there a little: http://www.iemit.com/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=1Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAMD64-3400,1GB/2700DDRAM,WinXP(SP2),DirectX9.0c,Geforce6800(128MB)(Det.66.81), CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Having flown both in FS, and knowing several pilots who fly both in real life, I can give you my experiences. I like the ERJ for the total package, and, 6 pilots I know, half of the group flying one and half the other, also prefer the EJR, as they find it much more entertaining and exciting to fly. More of a pilots aircraft.Although I have tons of respect for who makes the CRJ, and find it beautiful to look at, these pilots also refer to it as an underpowered tin can . . .their words, not mine.My brother in law is presently working with EMB in Brazil on a US Govt project which EJR's are being turned into radar and security aircraft for OUR borders and he, being the engineer that he is, has told me on numerous occasions that the EJR offered much more for the money and that EMB was more willing to modify certain areas of the aircraft to fill the needs of his project.Best to all,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

are there any private liveries for the feelthere erjs?

One thing about the Feelthere CRJ, the DOCs are incredibly sparse, I've heard that the ERJ is a little better in that regard, but still lacking.I only have the CRJ, but seldom fly it. My complaint is that I can't get the FMC to insert a new waypoint, once a flight plan is loaded. Makes it rather difficult if online ATC reroutes you.Normally I would just use FSNav to supplement that sort of need, unfortunately the CRJ's panel is custom enough that FSNav cannot twiddle it.So the FMC won't do it all, but won't allow FSNav to take over.Don't know about the ERJ, and probably won't be buying it to find out.I'm using a freeware ERJ panel that is fabulous, and comes with 100+ pages of docs.-~~~~~~~~~Orest SkrypuchUAL1445 DENFOCYFD - Canad

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest bonjourmoi44

I love flying the CRJ, but the ERJ is easier over all on my frame rates, as there is a customizable slider to increase performance. I think the CRJ had great potential and that Feelthere listened to what everyone wanted and implemented those ideas in the ERJ, for example, inserting points into the FMS, for Direct to function. Even though documentation was indeed sparse in the CRJ and a little sparse with the ERJ, the forum at Feelthere makes up for that and then some. Other companies may include 100's of pages, but Feelthere gives what you need to get started and allows the forum to answer any questions you may have and I mean ANY. The customer service there is top notch. They have 3 services packs for the ERJ for crying out loud. They heard what we wanted and gave it to us. Things I would never care about or even consider Feelthere still fixed or included in the service packs. If you are only going to buy one, I would go with the ERJ for sure. I love to fly it and it has given me many hours of great flying. In fact Feelthere is what brought me back to flight simulator after I had began to fly for real again. I do not think you would be disappointed with the CRJ or ERJ, but in the end I do prefer the ERJ. I own many payware add-ons and I would have to say that Feelthere has the best customer service and and their products are ranked with some of the best there is, in my opinion.

Wish they would issue a service pak for the CRJ!If I could just insert a new waypoint in the FMC, probably that alone would bring me back.I'm hesitant to buy the ERJ, to "fix" a problem with the CRJ.Maybe I'm just grumpy at the moment. * Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest SkrypuchUAL1445 ORDFOCYFD - Canada

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest bonjourmoi44

It is my understanding that the CRJ is now under control of Wilco publishing. If you want your FMS issue taken up maybe you could try contacting Wilco. The ERJ, however, is under control of Feelthere. Any issues with the ERJ are being handled by Feelthere. The FMS in the ERJ is much more realistic than the CRJ and she is a joy to fly.

> Is the FeelThere ERJ worth buying? Yes!> Anybody own it? Yes, me !How is it?Great! Fun aircraft to fly for short-hopping around the smaller airports. The aircraft is small and responsive but with a nice, complex avionics, so there is some challenge in learning to fly it "smoothly" whether manually or with autopilot. Once you get familiar with it, you can get the aircraft from cold and dark to takeoff suprisingly quick and in good order (perhaps this reflects a more user-friendly systems design in the real ERJ?).Framerates on the 2D and 3D cockpit are somewhat better than the PMDG 737 on my rig.Great support and some nice add-on liveries.

This is good to hear. I have the Wilco CRJ and deleted it off my list a few months ago. I had a continuing problem (reported by others also) of losing all ATC communication by just touching the FMC or manually tuning the radios. Got so frustrated with it I quit. Wilco claimed it was my system. Funny how it *only* happened with the CRJ. Now using the Project Fokker freeware, which is ok for freeware, but lacking in many systems. I'm considering the ERJ if it fixes many of the issues with the CRJ. Mike

Guest bonjourmoi44

Mike, I have been around for the existence of the PICERJ at Feelthere and have not seen any reported problems with the ATC communications.

I'm using the, updated for FS9, Bill Grabowski/Dreamwing ERJ package.This is truly phenomenal, it is hard to believe that it is freeware!It is a single 50Mb download, all in one, no other files to download. Complete with five models, bunch of liveries, custom sound, super panel, flight model that was tuned with advice from actual pilots, full 100+ pg docs, including a great tutorial and forward by an actual ERJ captain.Search for: cferj.zip on Avsim"A complete aircraft, panel, flight dynamics, and sound package with 19 different ERJ 135/145 models in USA airline liveries - American Eagle, Continental Express, Delta, United Express, and US Air. Aircraft are Dreamwings ERJ's used by permission. Panel is fully updated for FS2004 from Bill Grabowski's award-winning FS2000/2002 ERJ design. All-new, realistic flight dynamics and customized sound set configured by Charles Fox. This is a first-class package with everything contained."* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest SkrypuchCYFD - Canadavirtual.united.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com