Sign in to follow this  
Guest drobson

How do I know if I am running the patched version of FS9?

Guest Caveman

First install was included in the patch. But... I just had to reinstall tonight... So, the first thing I did was uninstalled FS9 and the corresponding registry entry tags...Then I reinstalled FS9 and tried to reload the patch but it said it was already there and gave me no choice but to cancel the installation.How could the patch already be there????Q: How can I really confirm if the patch is there or not???

Guest drobson

It should tell you which version it is by going to Help-->About.Darrell

Guest Caveman

Uhm... That was my first instinct from working with other programs, but there is no such animal as "HELP" ----> About...Looked through the menus and didn't see anything like that...ANYONE?

Guest Rockcliffe

Move your mouse over the FS9 icon in the main FS folder and it should indicated if it is fs9 or fs9.1

Guest firehawk44

It looks like you still have a registry entry for the FS9.1 patch. However I did a search of my registry and saw no entry for the upgrade. You should have uninstalled the patch first then uninstalled FS9 but you probably already knew that. If you reinstalled FS9, you overwrote all the files FS9.1 would have changed so it's unlikely you have the patch installed as it modified several files, not just FS9.exe. Did you remove the FS9.cfg before reinstalling FS9? Recommend you do a complete uninstall and reinstall FS9 again making sure your main FS9 folder is gone before you reinstall. Hope this helps.Jim

Guest Caveman

Firehawk, I think you are right. This is what happened though I couldn't find a reg entry for the patch either...I'll try it again...

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. I also had that message about the patch already being there, and my fs9.exe has a size of 1.32mb's which I think is larger than it is without the patch-yet the version number shows as 9.0.0 so I am confused as I think it has the extra bridges etc yet has kept the old number. that doen't really seem possible, but still...:-roll

Guest jaapverduijn

Before reinstalling anything, don't forget to remove the "BACKUP" file from the FS main directory or, for the sake of safety, rename it. It's all in the readme of the 9.1 patch, which should be strictly adhered to.Have fun!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Roadkill

There is a helpful tool I learned about just this week. Do a Google search for "Belarc" (without the " "s)and download the executable at that site. The information is confidential..there is nothing transmitted to the website, but it will give you a complete profile of your entire computer, including the versions of all your software. You can run the program and get updated information anytime you want.