Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

The IXEG video is just insane, the only thing missing is the ability to eat an in-flight meal of peanuts, pretzels and a drink a dixi-cup sized drink crammed with a lot of ice and very little soda. 

• Upvote 2

INCREDIBLE videos. IXEG have really done a great job. Love the fact that the filaments in the lights 'fade' instead of directly going out, its that minute attention to detail that makes this very special indeed. The whole package already looks great and is a huge milestone for the X-plane franchise... and we haven't even seen the FMS and weather radar yet! 

@Jan you have a great voice for documentary! Love your 40 mins 'ramblings' :P

Looking forward to the next part. The wife caught me watching part 1 at 3 in the morning last night. Oops.

Rhydian

The wife caught me watching part 1 at 3 in the morning last night. Oops.

I make sure mine's well asleep before atempting any night simming incursions :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I make sure mine's well asleep before atempting any night simming incursions :-)

Thought she was to be honest. I couldn't sleep myself. Thought I would do a bit of night web surfing.

PMDG does better in other areas... Who knows maybe this one will smoke their level of programming!

Regardless this has my attention... Hopefully navigraph compatible FMS (I missed it in the video)

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wonder how long it will take for these guys to get pinched by PMDG to work on their aircraft considering they're also entering the XP market.

Nonetheless, pretty amazing stuff! This will be THE ultimate complex sim in XP.

PMDG does better in other areas...

Please elaborate...

Regardless this has my attention... Hopefully navigraph compatible FMS (I missed it in the video)

It's Navigraph.

Founder of X-Aviation

Sure there is. Just the logic behind the various systems and needle animations, let alone warning light fade is an easy comparison.

These guys have taken it to the next level.

Agreed.  This plane is going a game changer and I have been bringing this plane up in threads for a long time now saying how excited I am for this project.   I think this and the saab are showing what X-plane is capable of

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

PMDG does better in other areas...

Please elaborate...

Indeed, I'm curious too. Don't get me wrong, PMDG is a quality developer, but I'm wondering what information is available to ryanbatcund about the IXEG 737 that the rest of us aren't privy to that automatically makes it inferior to PMDG in these other areas.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I hope we don't get into a debate about who does what better. Can't we just appreciate what they* have done/doing for the flight simulation hobby as a whole?

Rhydian

*by they I mean both companies - PMDG and IXEG.

Edited by rojantrojan

I hope we don't get into a debate about who does what better. Can't we just appreciate what they* have done/doing for the flight simulation hobby as a whole?

Rhydian

*by they I mean both companies - PMDG and IXEG.

Speaking for myself, I agree. Both are ultimately doing things to advance our hobby. But, and I'm sure Cameron would agree, it's not unreasonable to ask someone to elaborate and otherwise take responsibility for their words when they presuppose something that exists right now is better (or worse, for that matter) than something currently in production with absolutely nothing to base it on.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

I think products like this pretty much proves that PMDG does not make or break a platform, as many people on this forum would lead you to believe, e.g. P3D will not succeed without them.

Don't get me wrong I think their products are great, but I hate reading comments such as "I won't buy X-Plane/P3D until they release a 777 for it".

Hi guys,

I am the guy that does the rambling in those videos ^_^ .

Thanks for the kind words, that´s really what motivates and excites us as a development team.

I really don´t want to give food to the IXEG vs. PMDG or any other add-on company out there debate. We really look up to PMDG and other developers, they are inspiration and benchmark for us, and drive us to perfect our product.

I am a very happy PMDG customer myself B) .

I think every developer has their style, and different customers like different styles. That´s fine, and I think the friendly competition between developers can only further our hobby and enjoyment for everyone.

Jan

Thanks Jan for your rambling.  Looking forward to the next one.......

I have the PMDG 737 and have changed to X-Plane and miss it.

Watching the videos so far, looks as if I will not be missing it much longer.

Trevor Golding