Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Both are EXCELLENT developers.

I have re-installed FSX just for the chance of flying the mighty 777 and NGX ( both PMDG ) and also to test-compare the Aerosoft AXE witn the NEO ( I already consider the NEO as the best Airbus A320-type simulation I ever had the chance to use in a PC! ). Also A2A's B377, P51d and their C172, although I strongly believe the update Austin is working on for X-plane will bring prop aircraft in this platform to the top level !!!

In X-plane I have, in alphabetic order ( !!! )  Carenado, C74, Dreamfoil, Felis, FF, JARDesign, X-Aviation, as their equivalent, so, I can say I am better served in terms of choices by X-Plane than I am in FSX....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Good point rojantrojan. Both IXEG and PMDG contribute massively to making this hobby such a fantastic learning experience. It's important to give both their due ...

Awesome stuff and looks like the real deal. I wish IXEG all the best and I am sure this will be a cracker of an add-on.

Not pointing mistakes at all here, but just curious. My question is, why are the switches on the Overhead panel reversed in the 

ON/OFF positions? I know its development, will be correct finally, etc. I am just curious to know why, that is all. For example, when he pressurizes the ELEC HYD pumps, both switches are moved from FWD to AFT and not the other way around.

Regards,

Dinshaw.

This is how it is in Lufthansa in real life.

They stated that they will " turn" the switches later.

My question is, why are the switches on the Overhead panel reversed in the

It's an airline option, and the devs based their model on that particular one.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Not pointing mistakes at all here, but just curious. My question is, why are the switches on the Overhead panel reversed in the 
ON/OFF positions?

As already explained by IXEG - reversed switches as per Lufthansa config. I believe they will release the plane with standard (non-reversed) switches.

Might also be more helpful to wait an see what PMDG can actually do with Xplane. Comparing their FSX work with what devs can do with XPlane might not be the fairest comparison.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

From here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426627-a-few-notes-regarding-pmdgs-position-on-p3d-development/#entry2855430

skip to § 12  ( including the initial "Captains-" as a paragraph on it's own... )

For me, and for the time being, P3D v2 is not an option. Nor do I have a top rig, nor will I be able to invest in an upgrade in the near future...

I re-intalled fsx, got that excellent dx10fixer, and that platform will serve as my Base of Operation for the NGX and the 777 200 LR, until something equal happens in X-Plane 10.

Also using the weather injector of the future :-)

The FF 757 is certainly a GREAT product, and the NEO is already my preferred Airbus simulation over everything I have tested in a PC. 

For all other types I choose X-plane 10 to as my preferred platform, and 10.30 will certainly reinforce my decision.

Main Simulation Rig:

OK, didn't know that LH had ordered their 737's with a reversed switch position. You learn something new everyday :) 

Thanks for pointing that out guys.

Dinshaw.

OK, didn't know that LH had ordered their 737's with a reversed switch position. You learn something new everyday :) 

Dinshaw,

I work for US Airways in DFW. The Airbuses that were purchased by US Airways (pre-mergaer with America West) have the switches going in one direction, the Airbuses purchased by America West (pre-merger with US Airways) have the switches going in the other direction. It's amazing the different configurations the same aircraft type can have depending on the airline.

NAX669.png

Yea, the Lufthansa way of looking at it is that if you "want something", you pull it towards you...not push it away.

M

this pretty much proves that PMDG does not make or break a platform,

+1

I totally agree, this is a good example that there are other alternatives to PMDG with the same level of quality. 

LES, Carenado, JRollon XAviation are other good examples of high quality work.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo