Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

At least we know there'll be no corners cut on this model, and it will not be half-finished or buggy. In fact I'm sure our grandchildren will love it haha.

At least we know there'll be no corners cut on this model, and it will not be half-finished or buggy. In fact I'm sure our grandchildren will love it haha.

LOL, I totally agree with you!

Detailed high quality planes take a long time to develop.  This is why projects such as this, the FSL 320 and PMDG projects go on for years.  Accurate systems take a long time.  This is way beyond what we currently have for accuracy in a larger airliner.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I am pretty sure that this plane will be released this year, if not this summer.  It sounds like the part that needs the most work is the FMC, which is almost complete.  So fingers crossed!

There's a thread on the x-plane . org forum about the plane where questions/updates are occasionally answered/given by the dev team, and they stated in the last few days  that they're still hoping for a 2015 release:

"Target release is still 2015 and we are optimistic it will materialize.  So enjoy summer and be nice to eachothercool.png"

We are reading this forum, too ^_^ .

The project is well on track and we are still set for a 2015 release.

Our lead FMS designer is currently swamped with a lot of very lucrative "real" work, so the 737 FMS is simmering on the side. Yet he managed to find time here and there to continue work on the RTE page, which is now ready for internal testing. After that its on to the remaining vertical planning (cruise, descent) and some navigation performance calculation (PROG page, fuel calculation, ETE calculation) and then the FMS should be ready for V1.0

The rest of the plane is more or less done for V1.0, we have shelved some of the more time-consuming work, for example a hyper-detailed cabin interior, for later updates. We think it´s time to get this plane out of the hangar and everyone flying it.

Jan

We think it´s time to get this plane out of the hangar and everyone flying it.

:smile:. I'm sure the wait is going to be worth it.

We are reading this forum, too ^_^ .

The project is well on track and we are still set for a 2015 release.

Our lead FMS designer is currently swamped with a lot of very lucrative "real" work, so the 737 FMS is simmering on the side. Yet he managed to find time here and there to continue work on the RTE page, which is now ready for internal testing. After that its on to the remaining vertical planning (cruise, descent) and some navigation performance calculation (PROG page, fuel calculation, ETE calculation) and then the FMS should be ready for V1.0

The rest of the plane is more or less done for V1.0, we have shelved some of the more time-consuming work, for example a hyper-detailed cabin interior, for later updates. We think it´s time to get this plane out of the hangar and everyone flying it.

Jan

This is awesome news .... Great Job

I'm really jonesing for this aircraft. I need a 737 badly! :mellow:

NAX669.png

Keep being patient, I think the wait will be worth it :smile:. At least they're not rushing out at half-finished/broken product and are taking their time.