Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

I said good bye to P3D because I'm not a student or a pilot in training and I'm

not going to lie to Lockheed to get P3D. I fly X-plane for entertainment so it's

my goto sim. I'm looking forward to flying IXEGs 737.

This new tubeliner looks like a winner for XP. The one drawback that I see is that if it is a big seller, it will deter PMDG from entering the XP market.

Now give us some good AI aircraft that's also easy to set up and realistic ATC and then I'd dump P3d completely.

This new tubeliner looks like a winner for XP. The one drawback that I see is that if it is a big seller, it will deter PMDG from entering the XP market.

Now give us some good AI aircraft that's also easy to set up and realistic ATC and then I'd dump P3d completely.

PMDG are already entering the XP market. I doubt the IXEG will deter them, however, IXEG have a good 3 or so years head start on what can be acheived in XP. Rather than bow down to PMDG we could be on the cusp of seeing something that is even better. 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Looking forward to it, it will be a definate buy, but no way am I dumping p3d.

Until xplane does the basic things needed for airliner flight either through lr or third party (asn quality weather, decent global offline atc, easy to use realistic ai traffic) it is never going to replace fsx/prepar3d.

Hopefully it won't be long but at the moment it is not there and might take until xp11 to get there. Stick with both as they both do different things better than the other.

The videos look amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Chris

There is currently a plugin to use Radar Contact with XPX and another is in development to use Proflight Emulator. While World Traffic does a nice job at AI, it's not plug and play and is labor intensive to set up.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

There is currently a plugin to use Radar Contact with XPX and another is in development to use Proflight Emulator. While World Traffic does a nice job at AI, it's not plug and play and is labor intensive to set up.

World traffic is actually a breeze to setup (I admit in the beginnig it was a pain) once you downloaded all the files needed. You just need to install Python which is pretty simple and run a few scripts. It's all laid out on the World Traffic forum on the org http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showforum=176

Also I find World Traffic in X-Plane far superior to FSX-P3D AI traffic. It can follow SID's and STAR's to start with and you can pretty much using the scripts create flights to and from any airports you want. The ability to use SID's and STAR's alone is good enough for me and if you have Navigraph updates you can update WT as well.

World traffic is actually a breeze to setup (I admit in the beginnig it was a pain) once you downloaded all the files needed. You just need to install Python which is pretty simple and run a few scripts. It's all laid out on the World Traffic forum on the org http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showforum=176

Also I find World Traffic in X-Plane far superior to FSX-P3D AI traffic. It can follow SID's and STAR's to start with and you can pretty much using the scripts create flights to and from any airports you want. The ability to use SID's and STAR's alone is good enough for me and if you have Navigraph updates you can update WT as well.

Glenn, I agree that World Traffic outshines anything in the MSFS world. I guess what a meant to say is that it takes time to get or make what is required. The hardest thing are the ground routes. many of the freeware airports don't have the required ATC nodes needed to make ground routes with the utilities that are available. I have been able to make the route files with no problem.

NAX669.png

Actually... business decisions are made with the opposite rationale versus yours.    If the market /product is selling well then others will join or accelerate market focus.   Poor sales would be a detriment to competition

• Upvote 1

Remember also that the IXEG aircraft is a different generation from the PMDG NG. It will be interesting to see how long after the DC-6 is released it takes PMDG to release it's next aircraft for XPX. In the mean time, I'm going to fly the wings off of the IXEG 737.

NAX669.png

No one has convinced me that my original comment is unwarranted. PMDG has only produced a "proof of concept" closed beta version of the DC-6 for XP10. If the IXEG 737 sells well, there will be no room for PMDG to sell its product in such a niche market like XP10. We're not talking about either toothpaste or cell phones or automobiles, where the market is so large that it has room for all comers on the supply side.

It's not all downside though, because it may steer PMDG into focusing solely on the Triple 7, which is a much better option for them anyway.,

My guess is that whatever PMDG develops for XPX will sell very well. They have stated previously that the DC-6 was strictly a test bed for future development and that sales of that product would not effect their decision to develop for X-Plane. Personally, i'll buy the IXEG 737 and the PMDG 737NG whenever it comes out as they are essentially two different aircraft.

• Upvote 1

NAX669.png

If the IXEG 737 sells well, there will be no room for PMDG to sell its product in such a niche market like XP10

There will be plenty of room.  There are no other study level sims out for XP10 other than the soon to be released IXEG 737 which took them five years and counting to complete.  I am very excited for the release of the 737, but would also enjoy flying the PMDG 777 and 737 in XP10. 

The XP10 market is not a niche market anymore otherwise PMDG would not be wasting their time.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

There will be plenty of room.  There are no other study level sims out for XP10 other than the soon to be released IXEG 737 which took them five years and counting to complete.  I am very excited for the release of the 737, but would also enjoy flying the PMDG 777 and 737 in XP10. 

The XP10 market is not a niche market anymore otherwise PMDG would not be wasting their time.

The SAAB 340 is definitely up there with any platform as far as study level sim, and the Felis AN24 as well. The upcoming MD80s and the B733 should add to the list, and there is hope for the upcoming B767 from Flight Factor as well.

Definitely exciting times for the X-Plane community

• Upvote 1

Not sure what all this talk of a release stopping anyone else entering the X-Plane market is about, not like we don't end up buying and flying (if we get the time to actually do this ;)) everything anyway! :)

No one has convinced me that my original comment is unwarranted. PMDG has only produced a "proof of concept" closed beta version of the DC-6 for XP10. If the IXEG 737 sells well, there will be no room for PMDG to sell its product in such a niche market like XP10. We're not talking about either toothpaste or cell phones or automobiles, where the market is so large that it has room for all comers on the supply side.

It's not all downside though, because it may steer PMDG into focusing solely on the Triple 7, which is a much better option for them anyway.,

Of course there is room, for a PMDG NGX. The IXEG offering is the Classic. XP is very much in need for a 737NG which the NGX would fill well. Note though there is another 737 NG in the works for  XP10. The X737 project. I think PMDG's NGX entry may be more influenced by this model, depending how good it ends up being, (Assuming it's released before PMDG's is)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d