Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

The wow factor that IXEG is bringing to XP is simply breathtaking......

And so we're all clear here, Laminar does not make access to this readily available at this time. Further, such integration with things like XSquawkbox gets even more complicated due to their bizarre NDA.

Time will tell, but there's a reason practically no one has tackled this, and it's not because folks/coders are inept.

Which bizarre NDA?  That only stops me from discussing VATSIM internals with you - not the TCAS traffic injection used in XSB.

The XSquawkBox TCAS injection is all done in the open source library, libxplanemp (see my branch at http://github.com/kuroneko/libxplanemp which has the latest fixes XSB is using in it).

Which bizarre NDA?  That only stops me from discussing VATSIM internals with you - not the TCAS traffic injection used in XSB.

The XSquawkBox TCAS injection is all done in the open source library, libxplanemp (see my branch at http://github.com/kuroneko/libxplanemp which has the latest fixes XSB is using in it).

How can I read the traffic position data for display on our own avionics?

As far as I'm aware that library is only useful for rendering aircraft in the airspace.

It provides no method to read that positional data back into another plugin via datarefs or other means.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

How can I read the traffic position data for display on our own avionics?

As far as I'm aware that library is only useful for rendering aircraft in the airspace.

It provides no method to read that positional data back into another plugin via datarefs or other means.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

XSB does no injection of traffic data into X-Plane directly - it's all done via libxplanemp which handles the hacks to trick XPlane's TCAS into working.  IIRC, the key is that AI traffic is effectively disabled during the rendering phase when under libxplanemp's control so it can do the rendering directly (using the simplified CSL models) rather than the extremely heavy standard models, but otherwise libxplanemp injects the other aircraft into the MP/AI aircraft slots so TCAS can handle it.

This data is exposed via the non-exclusive portion of the Planes interface in the XPlane Plugin SDK - see http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/mediawiki/Category:XPLMPlanes and the sim/multiplayer datarefs, specifically sim/multiplayer/position/plane<num>_x/y/z.

(BTW - I'm generally a fan of lower-automation/older planes, so I'm keen to see you guys do a good job on this too :)  )

XSB does no injection of traffic data into X-Plane directly - it's all done via libxplanemp which handles the hacks to trick XPlane's TCAS into working.  IIRC, the key is that AI traffic is effectively disabled during the rendering phase when under libxplanemp's control so it can do the rendering directly (using the simplified CSL models) rather than the extremely heavy standard models, but otherwise libxplanemp injects the other aircraft into the MP/AI aircraft slots so TCAS can handle it.

This data is exposed via the non-exclusive portion of the Planes interface in the XPlane Plugin SDK - see http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xpsdk/mediawiki/Category:XPLMPlanes and the sim/multiplayer datarefs, specifically sim/multiplayer/position/plane<num>_x/y/z.

(BTW - I'm generally a fan of lower-automation/older planes, so I'm keen to see you guys do a good job on this too :)  )

Thanks for that reply.

Your description matches what I knew of XSB and how it allows access to traffic position data.

It does somewhat leave us at the mercy of XSB/ivap and ultimately libxplanemp to handle allocating the nearest airframes to those M'Player slots efficiently and in a timely manner but that's life I guess.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

today news from the developers. copy/paste from their official forum

So on another note, quite a bit of a milestone.   All the code for the VNAV  1.0 feature list is in place as of today and we are beginning flight testing and debugging of the full route LNAV / VNAV capability within a few days (our main tester seems to be a real airline pilot away at work....slacker).  After our internal debugging checks and fixes, we'll engage a relatively quick beta test with some selected newbies (already selected)...and then we will mop and sweep, spit and polish and release.  No date given.

-tkyler

• Upvote 3

Manuel Merelles

today news from the developers. copy/paste from their official forum

So on another note, quite a bit of a milestone.   All the code for the VNAV  1.0 feature list is in place as of today and we are beginning flight testing and debugging of the full route LNAV / VNAV capability within a few days (our main tester seems to be a real airline pilot away at work....slacker).  After our internal debugging checks and fixes, we'll engage a relatively quick beta test with some selected newbies (already selected)...and then we will mop and sweep, spit and polish and release.  No date given.

-tkyler

i'm soooooooooo getting bored of waiting for this payware, i'll probably won't even buy it now that Dovetail is releasing a new 64bit FSX STYLE SIM.  I haven't touched xp10 since last spring :wink:

Well dovetail flight sim will be out around october ish. With less payware content than x-plane.

Very true. None of the current FSX/P3D aircraft are likely to work with it. Also if you have been following the relevant posts, Dovetail Flight Sim will be using pretty much the same FSX flight models, terrain, mesh and scenery albeit with an upgraded graphics engine. This was from a former Flight dev with some knowledge.

I for one am looking forward to the IXEG and am very pleased that they are taking an almost OCD approach to getting it right rather than releasing a buggy product and destroying our hopes 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Not to derail this thread complete with today's great news.... but since most XPlane enthusiasts don't frequent FSX/P3D Forums I'll pass along this tidbit

Dove Tail Games will have a live Q & A Session today at 11PM UPC if anyone's interested

https://www.facebook.com/events/825694477553315/

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

i'm soooooooooo getting bored of waiting for this payware, i'll probably won't even buy it now that Dovetail is releasing a new 64bit FSX STYLE SIM.  I haven't touched xp10 since last spring

Unless you can provide a link, AFAIK, 64bit FSX it just pure speculation.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

i'm soooooooooo getting bored of waiting for this payware, i'll probably won't even buy it now that Dovetail is releasing a new 64bit FSX STYLE SIM.  I haven't touched xp10 since last spring :wink:

Thanks for the heads up? :Sleepy:

NAX669.png

Unless you can provide a link, AFAIK, 64bit FSX it just pure speculation.

It's not 64 bit FSX but DT's new sim will be 64bit

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |