Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

I foremost don't like the attitude "We are the best and don't need to support inferior OS". To spend hundreds if not thousands of development hours, but not 10 minutes for a Linux compilation is ridiculous.

We shall compare the final products, but anyway ixeg starts with -10 for me.

I foremost don't like the attitude "We are the best and don't need to support inferior OS". To spend hundreds if not thousands of development hours, but not 10 minutes for a Linux compilation is ridiculous.

By all means...................why don't you (CyberMike)  do it, in just 10 minutes.  I want to see proof of just 10 minutes to support your argument. I've been reading about this for years now. And just 10 minutes, WOW!

• Upvote 5

The actual attitude is; "Linux is a drain on my resources that I cannot afford. I am not a charity. I am not a multi million dollar company. I owe you nothing. Check your entitlement."

• Upvote 2

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

FYI, we at IXEG have nothing to do with the decision of Gizmo developers not supporting Linux.  On the contrary, it is in our interest that as many as possble can use (buy$) our aircraft!  So you are barking up the wrong tree!  

However, based on the current size of the XP community, the 2% that you Linux users make, we can understand the developers decision in terms of administration and development costs.

The ironic part is that the more you keep whining about this, the less the chances are you will will ever see a Gizmo linux version.  It is in YOUR interest that XP and Gizmo is doing well, because then the number of potential linux users will also grow and it might again be viable to make such a version.

So do yourself and everyone else a favour and let it go and enjoy the x737 and help us increase the size of the XP community instead.

Heck, the only reason XP even exists is because MSFS din't support Mac, so 50% of us XP users know exactly how you feel being a "minority".  

So get over it, we have..

M

• Upvote 6

Holy Cow!  Just saw this posting & the video.  As I recently moved from FS9 to FSX-SE, spending a small fortune on FSX payware, please do not lead me into temptation :wink:

BTW, anyone know why the throttle is shaking back & forth in the Cold & Dark mode?

HBTW, anyone know why the throttle is shaking back & forth in the Cold & Dark mode?

Jan's hardware is a bit "shaky"

Please no more Linux discussion, that is flogging a horse that is not only dead but decomposed and used as fertilzer for crops used to feed horses :)

Guys please keep Linux out of the discussion as it always ends up degrading.

It's been made clear about Linux support in the past and there isn't anything further to discuss. Anyone posting/looking for a fight will be banned from this topic.

• Upvote 8

So, is the iXEG 737 Classic going to be available as a branded product from X-Aviation ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So, is the iXEG 737 Classic going to be available as a branded product from X-Aviation ?

it will be sold on the x-aviation site. or what do you mean with branded ?

it will be sold on the x-aviation site. or what do you mean with branded ?

That's what I meant, maybe "branded" not the right word ( ? ). Ok. Thx.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

From IXEG Team member Morten..........."I never get tired of looking at XP's lighting.  It's just so realistic! Not sure if I counted them correct, but the 737 has about 18 (!) different lightsources inside the cockpit that you individually can adjust to your liking.  Great way to waist time during a long cruise at night default_smile.png"

Light.thumb.jpg.d95c5a788b85ce75d2c3c55c

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

From IXEG Team member Morten..........."I never get tired of looking at XP's lighting.  It's just so realistic! Not sure if I counted them correct, but the 737 has about 18 (!) different lightsources inside the cockpit that you individually can adjust to your liking.  Great way to waist time during a long cruise at night default_smile.png"

Beautiful! Reminds me of:

• Upvote 3

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Looking Sooooo Good!! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick