Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

I'd update SMP 3.1.2 before I'd purchased the IXEG, some slight pauses in the FMC,but no crashes.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Does anyone know if it is allowed to install 1 copy of the IXEG on your PC and 1 copy on your Laptop? Not to use ist at the same time, but to use it when i am not at home. 

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Well.. disabling XPUIPC made lots of difference. Now it behaves more like I feel it should. 

Too bad I really need XPUIPC. :mad:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Well.. disabling XPUIPC made lots of difference. Now it behaves more like I feel it should. 

Too bad I really need XPUIPC. :mad:

We are in contact with the developer of XPUIPC and I am sure we will have a solution in a very short frame of time.

Jan

• Upvote 1

Seems the download server is up again in any case. I managed to download the plane now

We are in contact with the developer of XPUIPC and I am sure we will have a solution in a very short frame of time.

Jan

That sounds great! 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

reading good stuff about this big girl.  

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think it's funny how oh so many screamed "just release it - we take it as it is" before it was released. Now they released it and there are bugs (wich had to be expected imho) and some people are now angry that they released it (not that I didn't see that coming :wink:). You just cant please everyone I guess.

The best thing for them to do might have been to release it when they felt was ready for prime time but still call it beta to lower eveyones expectaction.

• Upvote 6

We've all been at this for at least six years now. Most of us quite a lot longer than that.

No ones going anywhere. You've all given us more reason than ever to be here.

Thanks for everyones support.

• Upvote 4

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

Its not beta imo.  I can think of one premium FSX/P3D developer that I follow closely, and they get issues reported on release weekends.

There's also a theory in computing that you shouldn't buy version 1.0.0 of a product.

But the FSUIPC issue is unfortunate and sorry for suggesting earlier that someone just didn't know to fly the bird  :wink:

I've done lots of smiling since installation but am still at the 'study' stage....

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Does anyone know if it is allowed to install 1 copy of the IXEG on your PC and 1 copy on your Laptop? Not to use ist at the same time, but to use it when i am not at home. 

x aviation allows up to 3 computers i think.

• Upvote 1

x aviation allows up to 3 computers i think.

Correct.

• Upvote 2

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

What is this Gizmo I keep hearing about. sorry this is not right thread but only a short answer would be fine. no going off topic

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

It's a way for developers to write code without needing to resort to low-level stuff and letting them concentrate more on other things, so the plane's code and systems are implemented using Gizmo scripts/code. I may be wrong but this is my understanding of it, I'm sure Ben Russell will correct me

Its not beta imo.

Agreed. I'm sorry to hear about some people having trouble with VNAV and other stuff, but everything considered (the IXEG being quite certainly the most anticipated addon for XPlane, and possibly the most complex so far) the release of verison 1.0 seems to be working well for most users. IMO the beta test team did a good job.

I've done four flights so far, plus a couple of circuits, and I'm very happy with this bird. I've had only one issue (a lua error message) but that didn't stop me from completing the flight. Other than that everything worked as expected, including VNAV. There's some stuff that can and hopefully will be improved (such as the very sensitive nose wheel steering) as well as features that have not made it to 1.0 (such as opening doors), but none of this stops the IXEG being a lot of fun to fly.

I've also had an engine failure right at V1, and ended up crashing into some trees. Can't blame the developers for this one though... :wink: 

To compare things I also started up the PMDG 737 in P3D after flying the IXEG... Well, there's no doubt about the systems and accuracy of the PMDG, but it just feels so horribly static in comparison!

• Upvote 2