Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Is no one commenting on the fact that this plane was released with a broken FMC that will pretty much crash on every single flight?

I'm all for X-Plane getting some great airliners, but people should not be giving IXEG any money until they fix the FMC. Compare these guys to Aerosoft who at least had the sanity not to release a broken product.

No one commenting probably because it is an isolated issue. I have not had a single crash with this aircraft and I have given the FMCa good workout.

If you are comparing to anyone, the first version of every aircraft has bugs, I do recall the Aerosoft Airbus had a nasty tendency to nosedive on final approach.

Is no one commenting on the fact that this plane was released with a broken FMC that will pretty much crash on every single flight?

I'm all for X-Plane getting some great airliners, but people should not be giving IXEG any money until they fix the FMC. Compare these guys to Aerosoft who at least had the sanity not to release a broken product.

I see so just because you have an issue means its a broken product? It couldn't possibly be something astray with your system or installation of XP10 now could it??  And just for the record name me one Aerosoft  product that was released 100% and never needed an update?????????  Come on please tell me just one mr expert??

And Ive been having a blast. 4 flights since release with not one issue!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I see so just because you have an issue means its a broken product? It couldn't possibly be something astray with your system or installation of XP10 now could it??  And just for the record name me one Aerosoft  product that was released 100% and never needed an update?????????  Come on please tell me just one mr expert??

And Ive been having a blast. 4 flights since release with not one issue!

I'm not the only one running into problems, everyone using a SID or a STAR is. I've checked out some twitch streams, and every one is having problems with it. There is a sub-forum related to FMC crashes on their support page. I'm not making this up. The FMC is broken

I'm not the only one running into problems, everyone using a SID or a STAR is. I've checked out some twitch streams, and every one is having problems with it. There is a sub-forum related to FMC crashes on their support page. I'm not making this up. The FMC is broken

First not everyone, a minority have issues, secondly the main issue has be tracked down to a conflict with XUIPC (within 24 hours of release) a temporary fix released (within  48 hours) and a permanent fix due imminently. I don't know of any other sim developer around that has been so proactive and quick in sorting issues. You appear to be scare mongering 

• Upvote 5

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I just tested the new XPUIPC and works really well. Again, this was not an IXEG issue, but another plug in that was conflicting with it.

Appears crashes in the FMC are happening to only some people and it could be due to Navigraph's Airac. Expect an update from Navigraph soon.

Thanks Glenn,  much appreciated....

For some reason, when I try to open the window, the mouse "hand" goes to a minute "dot" when I left click the mouse (right click doesn't do much either).  I'm clicking on the clickable bar at the front of the captain's side forward window.  I'll search here for clues of how to open the window....  also, once again, I'm on a Mac (don't know if this matters or not as far as mouse clicks go).

Thanks, Bruce.

I had that too. I did a reinstall later to fix something else and it was fixed, I could open the window. I am using Windows so I don't think it matters which OS you use.

Do you use XPUPIC? if you do maybe try removing that plugin it has been having strange effects on the plane.

I had problems when I first tried this plane but since I removed XPUPIC plugin from my plugins folder it works great. I did a full flight yesterday from KLAS to KSEA with autoland dual channel and it worked as it should.

(I said that the plane flies nice and straight when Jan hand-flies it but not when I do)

I assume he is some thousand hours ahead of you ... :wink: :Tounge:

Yes, I think that Jan's presentation in the videos is excellent.  But he obviously also knows the real plane inside-out and has flown it once or twice before  :smile:

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Guys, just confirming, there is a fix for the XPUIPC problem. The developer of XPUIPC has an updated version available right now and it fixes the issues it was causing.

• Upvote 1

Comparing this aircraft, which I must say I do not own yet, to an Airbus add-on, and, even worse, an Airbus add-on in FSX is a complex way of making anyone's point....

To start with, I don't know of a single Airbus for FSX which resembles or behaves anywhere close to how an Airbus flies, and 2nd... and although it's sad that software industry works this way and made users accept it naturaly, most products I have used in the last years are released as beta products, sometimes alpha!, stay there for a long time, cost as much as what I used o pay for a finished aircraft some years ago, have bugs, get fixed, get other, those are then fixed... and the cycle continues....

I believe we can help ourselves a lot more if we look at the positive aspects of this release, which are certainly not NILL, just looking at the videos, the fast response from the dev team, and the fact that this is probably the very first product worth the pay what it costs for X-plane 10... 

• Upvote 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Guys, just confirming, there is a fix for the XPUIPC problem. The developer of XPUIPC has an updated version available right now and it fixes the issues it was causing.

Update: Found it :) 

Oh and it's worth mentioning: If anyone is having issues with freezes when making changes in the FMC (i.e. constant stutters).Disabling Windows Defender stops this behavior completely. I've reported it to the devs in their forums.

• Upvote 1

Do you have a link to the download?

Is it supported by Xplane?

Edit:

I see this download but I believe it may not be the most current??

http://www.tosi-online.de/XPUIPC/XPUIPC.html

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I believe we can help ourselves a lot more if we look at the positive aspects of this release, which are certainly not NILL, just looking at the videos, the fast response from the dev team, and the fact that this is probably the very first product worth the pay it costs for X-plane 10... 

I have to agree with Jose here 100%. Although there are a few issues here and there, the rest of the aircraft - how great it is as a whole - make up for those few issues. Not to mention the outstanding fast support from the dev team regarding those issues I found! 

I don't know if it's just me that does this, but instead of putting the aircraft aside like a few people did, I fly it as much as I can, as frequent as I can, so if more issues come up, they can be reported to the dev team and that will contribute to the stability and completeness of the product once patches and updates get released. 

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had a couple of decent flights using SIDs/STARs and I've had no problems with them. I've had a bit of stuttering when amending (made much easier to handle by pausing briefly), but nothing that prevented me flying the procedure properly. It's certainly not a universal problem.

Overall, I've been able to fly the flights I wanted to fly, I've spotted so many things that make me go wow, and I've not hit any points where I've gone "why didn't they simulate that?", which for day 1 is not bad going.

Now back to circuit practice till I get the feel a bit better for hand flying.... :smile:

• Upvote 1

I've had a bit of stuttering when amending (made much easier to handle by pausing briefly), but nothing that prevented me flying the procedure properly. It's certainly not a universal problem.

If you're using Windows, check that windows defender is disabled or at least the real time scanning is excluded from X-Plane... I had this issue too, but its gone since disabling windows Defender :

If you're using Windows, check that windows defender is disabled or at least the real time scanning is excluded from X-Plane... I had this issue too, but its gone since disabling windows Defender :

Thanks, very good point.  I'm using BitDefender so I've not yet checked Windows Defender (in fact I can't even remember if I left it enabled).

Will report back if I fix it  :smile: