ENBR 35 is a great approach as well :)

Here's a few shots from that flight.

B733_23_zps5ykmizqi.png

B733_24_zpsfs8954ir.png

B733_26_zpsbni9am3d.png

B733_27_zpsymbjageb.png

• Upvote 4

NAX669.png

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had a couple of decent flights using SIDs/STARs and I've had no problems with them. I've had a bit of stuttering when amending (made much easier to handle by pausing briefly), but nothing that prevented me flying the procedure properly. It's certainly not a universal problem.

If you're using Windows, check that windows defender is disabled or at least the real time scanning is excluded from X-Plane... I had this issue too, but its gone since disabling windows Defender :

Well, it wasn't Windows Defender, it was BitDefender, excluding X-Plane from scanning seems to have fixed my FMS lag.

All these "defender" clashes are probably caused by anti-malware aggressively scanning all the LuaJIT activity going on inside the X-Plane RAM space..

LuaJIT cause a large volume of CPU instructions to be generated "on the fly" "Just In Time" for use in systems code..

anti-malware scanners are probably concerned that this might mutate into something aggressive. It won't, but it's good to know they're doing their job properly.

We'll do an code optimisation pass at some point that should hopefully reduce this even further and possibly reduce the need to disable "defender" products.

Thanks for your support everyone!

• Upvote 1

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

Just wondering:

Is LuaJIT part of Xplan10 and required,  or needed for IXEG or possibly an optional LUA .. like is used in e.g. FSX / FSUIPC?

BTW, I have never used LUA.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I really like that the first tutorial doesn't include the autopilot.

The first time I tried it I'd messed up TrackIR,

Tried again tonight and TrackIR was working.

I think my pedals must have been off-centre last time as well because this time it was easier to keep flying in roughly the right direction.

Coming into land I was hopeless:  decending too quickly, descending too slowly, back-and-forth, back-and-forth.

Just realised, as it said in the manual not to do, I was chasing descent rate rather than focusing on pitch and power.

I'll try it a few more times and then move onto the other tutorials.

I've spent more time watching videos and trying to start the plane and I have flying so far :)

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Just wondering:

Is LuaJIT part of Xplan10 and required,  or needed for IXEG or possibly an optional LUA .. like is used in e.g. FSX / FSUIPC?

BTW, I have never used LUA.

IXEG systems are built on top of Gizmo64.plugin which in turn uses Lua as a scripting language. LuaJIT is enabled to make the scripts run faster.

In short, yes it's required.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

Ben,

Thanks for the answer and additional information.

• Upvote 2

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Check your email. Hotfix 1 is out.

X-Aviation and IXEG are pleased to offer you a free upgrade to version 1.0.1 of the IXEG 737 Classic!

We would also like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our HotFix system! Rather than going and re-downloading an entire aircraft package, or having to go through a full re-install process, we will be offering more immediate code changes through this delivery method. In short, it's quick, easy, and kind of fun! Please read below how to install this update!

But first, here's what's in it...

Version 1.0.1 introduces the following fixes:
  • Fixes incompatibility with XPUIPC where autopilot oscillations would occur and aircraft would climb through desired altitude
  • Fixes Navigraph crash/incompatibility issues when selecting a SID or STAR
  • Emergency EXIT light switch position now OFF in cold and dark
  • Disabled flap callouts. We will re-think the feature soon
  • Fixes issue where lights would not come on with Real Terra Haze installed
  • Adjusted sensitivity to tiller
  • Pre-flight and ground service menu weights now match
  • Spoilers now auto-deploy on RTO or landing
  • Fixes bug where temperature entered into wrong menu option on FMC crashes
  • Solves collapsing gear on sim load when cold and dark and turn around
  • Fixes FMC soft crash when selecting waypoint on duplicates page
  • Fixed crossfeed logic to allow proper draining of tanks with fuel pump pressure differential
  • Wired up the Position Lights switch to connect to Hot Battery Bus when in position ON BAT
  • Solves FMC Soft crash when entering PLAN FUEL on PERF INIT before entering anything else
  • ISA/OAT entry now work on PERF INIT page
  • Fixes issue where, in some complex sharp turns the route drawn would show a "kink"
  • Fixes several crashes during in-air editing of routes
  • Adds key commands for MCP ALT and VS

To upgrade your aircraft to version 1.0.1 please follow the below steps:
  1. Open X-Plane and the 737 Classic as your aircraft
  2. In the X-Plane menu bar at top, select Plugins > Gizmo64 > Windows > HotFix
  3. You will be asked to enter in your HotFix ID. Copy and paste in the following: 
  4. Click 'Update'
  5. Once it has downloaded and installed, click 'Reboot' and you'll be done!
Thank you for all of your support!

Blue Skies,
X-Aviation Copyright © 2016 X-Aviation, A

NAX669.png

Thank you all for the support.  This aircraft will indeed get better and better, we are not resting on our laurels.  The landscape of software development has changed, the bar is so much higher than it ever was 5 years ago and that introduces some logistical issues.  We are taking a cue from a lot of software dev processes these days of "update often" as software is a dynamic thing.  

The days of fully mature, static software offerings are very difficult to achieve given the potential of software these days.  What you CAN do far exceeds what you have time to do in many cases.  We are not "moving on" to some next project, we love this thing...its a great mix of old and new and we have lots more improvements planned for it.    We are monitoring and addressing bugs aggressivly and I think you all will find the hotfix system of updating really convenient, especially for FMS related fixes.  Your 74.95 doesn't just buy a fixed asset, it buys years of support and improvments. Anybody who has followed my Mu2 (8 years old and still supported) knows what I'm talking about.

-tkyler

• Upvote 10

Thank you all for the support.  This aircraft will indeed get better and better, we are not resting on our laurels.  The landscape of software development has changed, the bar is so much higher than it ever was 5 years ago and that introduces some logistical issues.  We are taking a cue from a lot of software dev processes these days of "update often" as software is a dynamic thing.  

The days of fully mature, static software offerings are very difficult to achieve given the potential of software these days.  What you CAN do far exceeds what you have time to do in many cases.  We are not "moving on" to some next project, we love this thing...its a great mix of old and new and we have lots more improvements planned for it.    We are monitoring and addressing bugs aggressivly and I think you all will find the hotfix system of updating really convenient, especially for FMS related fixes.  Your 74.95 doesn't just buy a fixed asset, it buys years of support and improvments. Anybody who has followed my Mu2 (8 years old and still supported) knows what I'm talking about.

-tkyler

Tom,

Congratulations on the release and proactive support. The last few months has seen the X-Plane community buzzing with excitement as the bar indeed gets higher and higher, which thankfully is translating to the immersion and quality users seek.

All the best for the future.

• Upvote 1

Is there a easy way to enter a flightplan? Or at least can i save them? Its very timeconsuming if you have to enter 20 Waypoints or more.

Nevermind. I should RTFM before i ask  :rolleyes:

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

As much as I would love to fly this aircraft, I don;t have XP and cannot afford to run two sims. Pity.  Looks superb though.