Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Thank you all for the support.  This aircraft will indeed get better and better, we are not resting on our laurels.  The landscape of software development has changed, the bar is so much higher than it ever was 5 years ago and that introduces some logistical issues.  We are taking a cue from a lot of software dev processes these days of "update often" as software is a dynamic thing.  

The days of fully mature, static software offerings are very difficult to achieve given the potential of software these days.  What you CAN do far exceeds what you have time to do in many cases.  We are not "moving on" to some next project, we love this thing...its a great mix of old and new and we have lots more improvements planned for it.    We are monitoring and addressing bugs aggressivly and I think you all will find the hotfix system of updating really convenient, especially for FMS related fixes.  Your 74.95 doesn't just buy a fixed asset, it buys years of support and improvments. Anybody who has followed my Mu2 (8 years old and still supported) knows what I'm talking about.

-tkyler

I have a lot of faith in you guys! Keep up the great work! :)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

As much as I would love to fly this aircraft, I don;t have XP and cannot afford to run two sims. Pity.  Looks superb though.

well unlike p3d/fsx you really only need the base sim which can be bought for 20-30$ on steam sale. Other than that, everything you need is prettymuch freeware/donationware. Of course there are multiple payware alternatives for weather/clouds but they are not mandatory and the freeware ones like NOAA are quite good.  So running x-plane on the side costs less than one addon for P3D/FSX

• Upvote 3

well unlike p3d/fsx you really only need the base sim which can be bought for 20-30$ on steam sale. Other than that, everything you need is prettymuch freeware/donationware. Of course there are multiple payware alternatives for weather/clouds but they are not mandatory and the freeware ones like NOAA are quite good.  So running x-plane on the side costs less than one addon for P3D/FSX

Agreed!

This might be the perfect excuse to try X-Plane!

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

you really only need the base sim which can be bought for 20-30$ on steam sale

Tempting, but I know myself.  I'll want more and more.   I fly PMDG almost exclusively these days, and have almost every payware airport going.  I'm too heavily invested in P3D.  

**although I have thought about making XPlane a 'night flying' sim.

For anyone having issues with sound, e.g. Not being able to hear the engines, I disabled SoundMaxx and this resolved my issues

Tempting, but I know myself.  I'll want more and more.   I fly PMDG almost exclusively these days, and have almost every payware airport going.  I'm too heavily invested in P3D.  

**although I have thought about making XPlane a 'night flying' sim.

It's more like, X-Plane 10 making a Nice flying sim :-)

Erich, have you ever thought about the importance, in terms of RL operations, of an engine failure at V2 in an aircraft like, say, a 737 ( ngx or earlier models... ) ?

Now, go and fail an engine in your PMDG NGX... Any big deal ? I don't think so.... Or, fly an approach under real bad weather in either FSX or P3D....

Do the same with a good freeware ( to start ) airliner in X-Plane... Compare... then imagine how it'll feel in an even more refined model like this iXEG 737 must be ( I don't have it ... )...

I hope we will see improvements in airliners for X-Plane specially now that this payware 737 Classic has raised the bar so high... But in just a few days we will even have a promising freeware NGX!

Install the demo of X-Plane 10, get that one, set significant weather conditions, and see for yourself what you're losing...

• Upvote 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't have sound max but I can't hardly hear the sounds of the engines from the cockpit ...is that right??

Regards

Paul

Regards

Paul EGCC

Considering PMDG hasn't done a B734 series... No way to compare.

This is the PMDG elitism I have come to hate.

• Upvote 5

I don't have sound max but I can't hardly hear the sounds of the engines from the cockpit ...is that right??

When I removed SoundMaxx the roar of the engines came back upon takeoff. Try disabling all of your addons, restart the sim and see if they come back. I've heard other addons seem to upset it also

Ok will give it a go thanks

Regards

Paul EGCC

Install the demo of X-Plane 10, get that one, set significant weather conditions, and see for yourself what you're losing...

I might do that.  My experience with XP in the past has been contrary to what you have described, but it seems with new developments like IXEG that things have moved on somewhat so it may finally be worth another shot.  

One thing that blew me away in XP is lighting. Day or night it is much better than Microsoft based simulators..

Stefan Ticusan

One thing that blew me away in XP is lighting. Day or night it is much better than Microsoft based simulators..

This.

I spent a good 10 minutes last night in a sunset cruise repositioning the internal spotlights above the captain's seat and then moving to an exterior view to see how it looked from the outside. Things like the glows from parking brake light and other instruments are really something to see.

• Upvote 1

My only issue with XP lighting is that taxiway lights are too visible from the air, other than that I agree XP Lighting is superb!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My only issue with XP lighting is that taxiway lights are too visible from the air, other than that I agree XP Lighting is superb!!

Get RTH and you can play with independent lighting settings (far lights, near lights, near glow, far glow and so on and on) and tune it to exactly how you want. 

• Upvote 1