Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Yep, meaning PMDG themselves will have to adjust their offer, starting with the upcoming dc-6.

I don't necessarily think that's true. With PMDG you know what you're getting right off the bat and it is always a quality product. IXEG may have put out a great product, but it took them 5 years to do it. They are not yet the next big thing - for that they would at least need a pipeline of other aircraft. I hope that is the case, because that's exactly what's needed to lure people off the fence into using Xplane.

Personally, I think this offering shows alot of promise but it's not yet enough to get me off the fence. XP still doesn't have the consistency I'm after, but that seems to be coming.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Bought this bird yesterday and must say I am very pleased so far.

Great sensation of being there, thanks to the textures, sounds and "dynamic flight dynamics". Landing this bird smoothly in gusty crosswind requires much more  handling than NGX in P3D for example. Excellent frame rates as well.

I am still left with an impression that XP10 is too pitch sensitive, which is also the case for this bird. And this bird is also extremely rudder sensitive - you can do a 180 taxing turn that makes the airplane feel like a little toy! (I am using Saitek Cessna flight yoke and rudder pedals, but even with the super high resolution Thrustmaster warthog stick I find the xp10 too pitch sensitive).

Taking the IXEX 737 for some sunset or dusk pattern work is a very rewarding experience. There is no comparable simulator under those conditions in my humble opinion. Take the bird up to 30 000 feet, and the deficiencies of the xp10 simulation become more apparant. Poor weather simulation, boring and repetitive terrain. This of course has nothing to do with IXEG737, but makes the simulation less complete.

Anyways I am verry happy with the purchase so far. Congrats to the development team!

• Upvote 1

Was struggeling with the pitch myself for a long time (ex-FSX) until I came to adjust the settings in the axis menu AND retrofittet my saitek yoke with rubber bands. Now it's no issue anymore.

I think it's rather a problem of cheap yokes beeing hard to control around centered position than X-Plane itself. Did you try the "artificial" correction options (say: 60%/30%)? Helped a lot for me.

IMHO terrain quality depends very much of the area you fly in as in all sims. I must say that with extended DSF and HD-Meshes (free and highly recommended) it CAN look great in XP, especially mountain-areas. Sometimes it just doesn't.

Agreed on the fantastic quality of the IXEG737. In regard to the rudder/tiller I admit that it feels much better since the 1.01 patch.

Best

Flo

Yes, just like with any flight simulator / controller combination, caution must be taken to adjust the sensitivities.

My best GA add-on for X-plane 10, the Airfoillabs C172, always sets the pitch, roll and yaw axis sensitivities to a huge value, but I was using 30% before, with my cheap controllers, and now I keep their settings - feels a lot better this way.

But, watching the videos I do feel that the aircraft feels a bit sensitive to steering, at least while taxiing and during takeoff ( ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I dont even own x plane but all 3 of these videos have been great to watch. Brilliant in fact.

• Upvote 1

The IXEG team have implemented custom ground dynamics, not sure on specifics but it's definitely not X-P default.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

It's the 4 numbers that are NOT in the main card number, should be bottom left or right of front of card.

Or the expiration date.

Hi again, sorry for going off topic, but I just checked again. It is not 4 numbers. I have to choose a number between 1 and 12. It does not state or define what this number actually is on the X-Aviation store, other than it is underneath card number.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi again, sorry for going off topic, but I just checked again. It is not 4 numbers. I have to choose a number between 1 and 12. It does not state or define what this number actually is on the X-Aviation store, other than it is underneath card number.

On the front of my (UK registered) Amex I have have the following numeric values:

- Long card number (embossed, middle)

- 4 digit code (printed, above and right of the long card number)

- Valid to (embossed, bottom left)

- Two digit number (embossed, bottom right, mine is 08) 

Assume in this case the embossed two digit number is the right one, though the printed 4 digit code would be more normal.

I have to choose a number between 1 and 12

Between 1 and 12.  This should be the month of expiration.  Then, the next block will be between 1 and 31.  This would be the year of expiration.  Then, the next number it will ask for is the three (3) digit code printed on the back of the card at the far right end of the signature line.

John

John Wingold

Between 1 and 12.  This should be the month of expiration.  Then, the next block will be between 1 and 31.  This would be the year of expiration.  Then, the next number it will ask for is the three (3) digit code printed on the back of the card at the far right end of the signature line.

John

That doesn't work for Amex.  The three digit code on the back isn't used, there is a four digit code on the front that is usually used.  I believe that the random embossed 01-12 without a year is the month the card started,  the year the card started is usually not printed.

Bought this bird yesterday and must say I am very pleased so far.

Great sensation of being there, thanks to the textures, sounds and "dynamic flight dynamics". Landing this bird smoothly in gusty crosswind requires much more  handling than NGX in P3D for example. Excellent frame rates as well.

I am still left with an impression that XP10 is too pitch sensitive, which is also the case for this bird. And this bird is also extremely rudder sensitive - you can do a 180 taxing turn that makes the airplane feel like a little toy! (I am using Saitek Cessna flight yoke and rudder pedals, but even with the super high resolution Thrustmaster warthog stick I find the xp10 too pitch sensitive).

Taking the IXEX 737 for some sunset or dusk pattern work is a very rewarding experience. There is no comparable simulator under those conditions in my humble opinion. Take the bird up to 30 000 feet, and the deficiencies of the xp10 simulation become more apparant. Poor weather simulation, boring and repetitive terrain. This of course has nothing to do with IXEG737, but makes the simulation less complete.

Anyways I am verry happy with the purchase so far. Congrats to the development team!

X-Plane looks like that with addons. 

http://i.imgur.com/qY7h176.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ymTvfP3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/abDeI6p.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i4pvd9Rg.jpg

As per the website, there are valid from and to dates. Not all cards have a valid from date, and if such is the case for you, you can leave it blank.

Founder of X-Aviation

That doesn't work for Amex.

That doesn't work for Amex.

That doesn't work for Amex.  The three digit code on the back isn't used, there is a four digit code on the front that is usually used.  I believe that the random embossed 01-12 without a year is the month the card started,  the year the card started is usually not printed.

Sorry - Didn't catch Amex...

John Wingold

Well guys, I'm the one that spilled the nuns' rosewater all over the cabin in those videos so I'll chime in. First off, we shot this literally two days after the IXEG came out so I'd had almost zero time to get some practice in and it was before the pretty comprehensive patch that the team pushed out. Our 733 pilot Jonny was indeed mightily impressed and (before I'd hit the mic recorder) was singing the praises of the cockpit dimensions and feel. In fact the bit after the shutdown in Manchester with him saying he felt like he'd been at work was not supposed to end up in the final cut, but I left it in. 

As a rookie X-Plane guy I had tried to get into the platform a few times but always found the add-ons lacking in polish. They were kind of 67% there, but fell into the dust quickly in terms of systems, sound, modelling and usability compared to the PMDG/Majestic benchmarks.

I have to be honest and say that the IXEG changes all that. If you watch the videos you can see how well put together this thing is - the timing of the engine starts, the sounds, the way it all happens so beautifully and the incredible immersion that no matter how good the modelling is, P3D and FSX just can't match. I know a few people who've not touched P3D since this thing landed and will find it very hard to go back. I know I will!

I have a sneaky suspicion that this aircraft has single-handedly just taken a crowbar to the door of FSX/P3D users and moved on the game for XP the furthest since it launched in 1993. There are a lot of people looking at these videos with the clouds lit up by the landing lights and the stunning night visuals who will start wondering why they're clinging on to a platform that has legacy code from before they were in school. Once people like FlyTampa and FlightBeam start looking at port-overs, the trickle will be a tide, I'm sure.

Is it perfect? No. OK, we haven't got TCAS and a few other toys yet, but they will come. The VNAV still isn't totally stable but heck, my BMW 730 had to go back to the dealer for software updates almost every week when I first got it. I can't fly the thing yet (as you saw!) which I'm putting down to the very touchy rudder in the first version as seen in the videos. I'd like the pitot and window heat clickspots on the overhead to be a bit bigger as they're a pain to hit from the Captain side and a bit more PMDG style assistance would be nice for those times when you're frankly feeling a bit lazy. By that (purists look away now) I mean maybe the option to sync the FO baro to stop all the slewing around the flightdeck to get to it at busy times. It's not a big deal on the ground but it's a big deal late in the descent. Also perhaps an option to automatically slew the speed bugs round on the ASI, and my uber wish is a neat, one click option - even a hotkey - to do the fiddly FO cleanup stuff on the taxy in - landing lights retracted, flt/gnd, pitots, wx radar etc. As you saw, I really struggled to do all that without crashing so a bit of optional help with that would be great.

But all in all, what an achievement. Well done IXEG.  

• Upvote 10

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com