Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

I have a good feeling that those few Airline2Sim videos are going to a LOT to help entice people into giving this, and the XP platform, a try.  I know I immensely enjoyed and got a lot out of the Q400 cadet video series, and I'm sure that many others Q400 owners did as well.

I think It also helps that the videos are being approached from the viewpoint of an XP 'rookie'. It puts the viewers (and potential new users) in the same shoes as Ben, showing that the platform itself isn't some insurmountable obstacle.

I haven't watched all three through yet, but I have a bit of a trip this weekend, and have them all lined up to watch while I'm gone. :wink:

• Upvote 3

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

We do not do that as of yet.  There is an enormous amount of state data to save in order to do that....its the access to such state data that makes x-plane so powerful to customize, yet makes it a major pain to initialize.  We will look into it in the future however, it is a great and convenient thing I agree.

-tkyler

Yes, not only very convenient but also a great training aid in that it saves many hours of preflight setup time when you just want to practice a specific e.g. SID, STAR or approach.

I currently fly saved situations (saved panel states / FMS data) when flying PMDG737 NGX  / iFly737 NG  (FSX and P3D) ... e.g., tutorials (ready to taxi, ready for takeoff, ILS approach) or e.g. a difficult ILS approach or situation I have saved need to practice further.

It would be a huge plus, IMO, to have saved flights with saved panel states included in Xplane10 IXEG 737 also.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well i have been a long time FSX flyer, After watching the A2S videos im now converted and really cant wait to get into XP, the lighting, the sounds everything is looking beautiful.

Just out of curiosity will the Classic become multi crew with shared cockpit?

New hotfix is out.........

Version 1.0.2 introduces the following fixes:

• Solves issue where cockpit windows would not open under certain conditions when they should
  • Entry of high ZFW numbers now accepted and fixed
  • Solves issue where FMC weight entry got changed between kg/lb
  • Fixes an issue where N1 Limit was not going to CRZ during VNAV cruise
  • Clicking on FMC after pulling up MENU now displays INIT REF page
  • Packs now adjustable by a sound slider
  • Vertical Speed Indicator now works in replay mode
  • Strobe lights now work in replay mode
  • Engine fire handles no longer cause soft crash
  • Blinding effect now removed. We will re-consider our approach on this later
  • Fixes soft crash when adding a STAR on right side CDU
  • Fixes soft crash when deleting a "disco" twice while in plan mode
  • Adjusted checklist legibility in dark lit scenarios
  • Solves an issue where Navigraph data cycle information was not displayed correctly
  • Light test fixed to work fully in cold and dark
  • Solves issue where spoilers would come up on touchdown even when not armed
  • Enables full airplane shadow when in inside views
  • LOC and GS flags dont display anymore when station still out of range, instead the deviation pointers are removed from the scales
  • Protection against some soft crashes happening just before touchdown.
  • Removed a way to skip the alignment time of the IRS unit
  • Waypoint altitude speed restriction entry overhaul
  • Swaps inverted the key commands for spoilers

One question - when I switch off autothrottle on approach, my Saitek throttles become locked, they dont respond to any input. I try to sync them but nothing is happening and I have to click the mouse on the throttles in order to move them back and fourth.

Any suggestions?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

You have to line up the throttles with the popup that shows before they come responsive. When you have AT enabled, moving the throttle shows a popup. Line them up and then it will work

You have to line up the throttles with the popup that shows before they come responsive. When you have AT enabled, moving the throttle shows a popup. Line them up and then it will work

You mean line up my Saitek throttles with the popup, or moving the 3D cockpit throttle with the mouse? Anyways, moving my Saitek throttle immediately after turning off A/T does nothing - no response what so ever. However, it seems as it is working while testing on ground, not in air though :aggressive:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

@Fi5kuS

I guess Tony meant the aircraft throttles which would of course come from your saiteks.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I don't know because I do not own this aircraft, but syncing controllers with and aircraft with autothrottle system is always problematic.

Each author finds the best way of implementing it to better cope with the wide range of possible controller solutions used by simmers.

Probably in the iXEG 737 Classic they decided that in order to avoid unwanted inputs when A/T is disengaged the virtual cockpit thtottles must be ticked ? Just a guess...

In PSX we have to tick the A/T disconnect button 3 times to get the hardware controller throttle synced with the virtual throttle, in PMDG we can chose among three different approaches to throttle interaction between controller and virtual throttles on the VC, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Very clever solution!

PMDG used a "blue" ring on the N1 indicator. But it didn't prevent you from "jumping" the thrust levers if hardware and software were not in sync.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

You mean line up my Saitek throttles with the popup, or moving the 3D cockpit throttle with the mouse? Anyways, moving my Saitek throttle immediately after turning off A/T does nothing - no response what so ever. However, it seems as it is working while testing on ground, not in air though :aggressive:

You bring the hardware throttles up to the ghost throttle indicators on screen. When they align they will lock together. Its a neat solution and works well

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

You bring the hardware throttles up to the ghost throttle indicators on screen. When they align they will lock together. Its a neat solution and works well

Hi,

I am, but it is only working on ground while I disconnect A/T. If I'm in air, the throttles doesn't move at all.

Confused :Doh:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi,

I am, but it is only working on ground while I disconnect A/T. If I'm in air, the throttles doesn't move at all.

Confused :Doh:

Hi Brynjar,

This is explained in detail in the first tutorial flight (remember there are three tutorial flights that come with the IXEG 737).

If it doesn't work like they have explained then I think it would be best to write an bug-report over in their support forum so that they can look into it.

Many happy landings!

DocBird

• Upvote 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

One question - when I switch off autothrottle on approach, my Saitek throttles become locked, they dont respond to any input.

Which Saitek model do you use?

Edit:

Do you calibrate in Xplane10?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Brynjar,

This is explained in detail in the first tutorial flight (remember there are three tutorial flights that come with the IXEG 737).

If it doesn't work like they have explained then I think it would be best to write an bug-report over in their support forum so that they can look into it.

Many happy landings!

DocBird

Hi!

I've seen the tutorials and even the Tips and Tricks about the autothrottle. As I said. It works while on ground, i.e moving my saitek throttles to match the ghost throttles, but not in air/on approach...

Which Saitek model do you use?

Edit:

Do you calibrate in Xplane10?

Using the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle. Yes I have calibrated it in X-Plane 10  :smile:

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth