Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Amazing, just speechless the amount of work and dedication IXEG put into this. Did you notice when stopped on the runway, the nose wheel compressed a 2nd time .. just a little. The failure simulation, the modelling... really hope this is released this year but whenever it is released, we are not worthy!

But just to remind ourselves, about the actual release and challenges getting there.. From the IXEG blog-

The FMS is a long way along, but a few critical things remain. We have all been around the block long enough to know the dangers and dejection of early releases and feature incomplete products. All of us have probably had that feeling of "we wish they would have taken just a bit longer to get it right". That's what IXEG chooses to do given our circumstances

Lets appreciate the fact that it is being developed and IXEG are sharing the progress with us, openly.

I just watched one of the videos - this looks amazing . If they are wondering if they will ever recover their time in sales income, I really hope they make a wonderful profit because sure looks like it will be well worth whatever they ask for it. They can definitely count on me as a customer.

Greetings

Dave Britzius

(Cockpit Designer and Flight Simulator Hardware Supplier)

Cape Town

http://davebritzius.com

I think I will buy xplane just to buy this plane. It looks amazing!

I just watched one of the videos - this looks amazing . If they are wondering if they will ever recover their time in sales income, I really hope they make a wonderful profit because sure looks like it will be well worth whatever they ask for it. They can definitely count on me as a customer.

I imagine they will set the standard in X-Plane. I'd say they will sell to virtually everyone who prefers XP though perhaps not get the value of their time back. This really seems like a labour of love though with profit a secondary consideration, nice to see such dedication. I know I'll be buying it anyway.

I imagine they will set the standard in X-Plane. I'd say they will sell to virtually everyone who prefers XP though perhaps not get the value of their time back. This really seems like a labour of love though with profit a secondary consideration, nice to see such dedication. I know I'll be buying it anyway.

True, but hopefully the money they do make and more importantly the processes they have learnt will lead to speedier development of future projects. Release day purchase for me, been following this for a long time with growing excitement. 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

This one actually looks and performs so good in their videos that I have to work hard to avoid any hyped attitude towards it. :lol:

The last time I was so excited about a release was when Majestic previewed their decent work of the Q400, albeit on a different platform. It didn't fail to impress in the final version so I'm hoping the same for the IXEG folks.

Still, seems like patience is virtue, eh?

KPHX-KLAX Departure Part 2

I've been looking forward to this one for a while now (as most of us have!) but this video really sealed it for me.

it looks incredible. That VC is a total work of art. (check out the momentum of the dials...wow) Failure modelling too. 

People have said 'yeah, but it's no PMDG' I really have to disagree there. It most definitely is PMDG quality in all but name.

In fact, I might even start referring to IXEG as

Accurate Documentation Progression Team  ^_^

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I've been looking forward to this one for a while now (as most of us have!) but this video really sealed it for me.

it looks incredible. That VC is a total work of art. (check out the momentum of the dials...wow) Failure modelling too. 

People have said 'yeah, but it's no PMDG' I really have to disagree there. It most definitely is PMDG quality in all but name.

In fact, I might even start referring to IXEG as

Accurate Documentation Progression Team  ^_^

I get what you're saying, and I've got nothing but respect for PMDG, but this is IXEG. They deserve to be standard bearers on their own. I look forward to a time when it might be just as appropriate to say about something, "It looks nice, but it's no IXEG."

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

They deserve to be standard bearers on their own.

I'm with you on that!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

People have said 'yeah, but it's no PMDG'

Who said that  :blink: ?, by the looks of the videos and attention to detail, this will be setting the standard on X-Plane, in the future, just like PMDG do on FSX/P3D. However, since none of us actually have the product yet (Not that I know off anyway), nobody can yet do any comparisons and it's difficult to comment, but from the videos it looks stunning.

This is great stuff! :rolleyes:

I am so happy to have switched to XP10 in the beginning of last march...

There are a lot of great developments going on out there. This B737 classic will be definately on my buy-list!

In episode 61 of AoA's Aviatorcast Austin Meyer (founder of X-plane) states a lot of his plans for XP10.

Especially interesting for me is his affinity for 3D vision. He wants Oculus Rift (or any other available/similar 3D vision device) to run as soon as possible with XP10 AND wants to incorporate a "leap motion controller" device to interact with the cockpit switches and levers using your hands/arms... B)  (e.g. https://www.leapmotion.com )

Thanks for the hu regarding that episode, Claus. Will try to consume it in the near future. Sounds interesting.