Sign in to follow this  
Guest nattydread

Anyone working on a high Quality Boeing 314 "Clipper"

Guest nattydread

Thats all, Im interested in a high quality pay-ware Clipper.

Have you looked at this one? http://b314clipper.com/This one has been around for quite a while, and a really nice update was done for FS2004.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest nattydread

Wow-ser!!!!!:-roller Im getting it ASAP!I do have a question...is the VC fully operational?

Guest nattydread

Are there any FS9 water airports or must I rely soley on the B314s install? I'd like the option to use actual water-ports also...would they be controlled airports?

Hi,There are a few water airports, and some land airports also have water runways. However, I don't know how you would search for them specifically. There are quite a few bush plane addons with water runways, but they probably aren't suitable for the 314!You might want to just do things the way they did back then - navigate to the nearest navaid/airport, and then land in the nearest bay visually.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest nattydread

Thanks, I think it will have to do.

The celestial navigation sextant addon (made for the MAAM dc-3) is good for this bird too!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest DemolitionMan

You can download an addon with 23 water airfields from Pilot's site where you bought the Clipper. They're very nicely done, and I can also really recommend the real moon and real stars replacments you can find on the same page, they'll transform your FS nightsky!BestGrahame (EDHL)

I might add that Bill and Lynn Lyons' Golden Hawaii add on works very nicely with the Clipper... gives you a pre WWII era Hawaii to fly around :)Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest nattydread

Hmmm, the additional seaplane bases, sextent and the real moon and stars sounds very interesting, I'll have to go look for them. I dont remember seeing those at the sight(i get confused what stuff is for which version).I also wondered if there was a better water effect to give the water more depth-perception for landing. I know its supposed to be difficult to determine your exact height visually over the water in real-life, but it seems the textures used in FS9 are a bit excessive. If not, I'll just have to learn to do without.Also, does anyone know of any nice, tropical seaplane bases in the Pacific, Bahamas/Carribeans? ICAO identifiers would be nice also :)

Bill and Lynn Lyons did a wonderful Grumman Goose package with theme scenery from "Tales of the Gold Monkey" television series in addition to other repaints and scenery. I have enjoyed all of their add-ons and they are all worth much more than what they charge :). Their Golden Hawaii add-on also includes an AI Clipper that flies past at scheduled times. All three add-ons (Lyons' and the Clipper) would be good selections for flying boat fans.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest nattydread

I hav eto get a chance to fly my Clipper before i look into other flying boats, I have to admit my main interest are Jetliners...exclusivly PMDG right now. The Clipper and a few other birds are secondary interests. I'd love to find a very detailed B-24 add-on also(note the similarity between the Clipper and the Liberator).Anyway, I'd love any help with those tropical seaplane bases :)