Sign in to follow this  
Azone

nVidia inspector working or not?

I  just did a fresh reload of P3D V2.1  starting from scratch. no crashes after a 15 minute flight!!! :lol: woo hoo!

still looks like phht though lots of jaggies.

has anybody had some luck with NVidia inspector as that is my next step.  Any recommendations or consensus on settings?

Hi,

at least some aspects of NI do work. There is widespread consensus that setting "Antialiasing compatibility (Dx1x)" to "Bioshock, Bioshock 2" is helpful in getting rid of the jaggies, which I can confirm. Detailed antialiasing settings vary and are system dependent w.r.t. performance vs. quality, but these cues should give you a start for a Google search.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for the info, seems to have improved it but the shadows in the plane are still very jagged.

Hi again,

I have a hardware (XTOP) panel and thus all 2D/3D cockpit view switched off with full-screen exterior view only on screen. Thus I never see these.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for the info, seems to have improved it but the shadows in the plane are still very jagged.

How jagged they are depends on the aircraft but they ARE indeed jagged and there is no AA setting that will remedy that. It's simply due to how those shadows are created.

Thanks, good to know. I won't waste my time trying to fix them, I 'll just turn them off cause they don't look real. Seems the more features I turn off in P3D 2.0 I question why bother switching from FSX.