Sign in to follow this  
tundrabum

Unable to gain speed or altitude after takeoff

I have started to have a problem I need some help with.  Check the forums and could find no other mention of a similar problem.  First of a disclaimer,  I am running Win 8.1.

So here goes.  When I take off, with a moderate payload and fuel,  after climbing to about 5 thousand, I can't get my speed to increase above 200- to 220 or so, even with the AT and AP off and the throttles maxed out. Both engine instruments indicate  normal,  But I can barely climb, if I increase to above 500 fpm, I start losing speed. It feels about like a DC6.  When the program was first loaded, worked fine.  It seemed to start after I also had the famous losing controls problem, which I resolved with a registered copy of FSUIP, and disabling the Win 8 pwr save feature to the USB ports.   But that said, controls now seem to be working great.  And yes, in flight I checked, no gear down, no spoilers up, nothing seem amiss, just no power.  

Appreciate all works of wisdom

Did you check the anti-gravitron coils? They're in the forward cargo hold.

Kidding aside, what is the mass of the aircraft, what is the OAT (SAT), what speed are you attempting to climb at, and when you say the "engine instruments indicate normal", what exactly do they show?

A screenshot of the PFD and ED would be great.

Best regards,

Robin.

Gear: Up

Spoilers: down

Outside Air Temperature: something sane (Weather not controlled by FSinn/Weather injection program working correctly, not giving you +60°C at FL250)

Not sure if this applies to the 777, but may be relevant/similar if your angle of attack is positive.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a103/aircraft-does-not-want-to-climb-or-flies-with-negative-aoa

There is an issue with FSUIPC weather corruption. After wheels up and climb out, open FSUIPC and turn off weather and that should do the trick. I think rebuilding FSUIPC will fix the issue,

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

When I take off, with a moderate payload and fuel, after climbing to about 5 thousand, I can't get my speed to increase above 200- to 220 or so, even with the AT and AP off and the throttles maxed out. Both engine instruments indicate normal, But I can barely climb, if I increase to above 500 fpm, I start losing speed. It feels about like a DC6. When the program was first loaded, worked fine. It seemed to start after I also had the famous losing controls problem, which I resolved with a registered copy of FSUIP, and disabling the Win 8 pwr save feature to the USB ports. But that said, controls now seem to be working great. And yes, in flight I checked, no gear down, no spoilers up, nothing seem amiss, just no power.

Hi, Tundrabum,

Your problem sounds like a weird issue involving FSUIPC in which the flaps are deployed, but this is not visible.  Please take a look at the following thread, especially response #3.  Also, please check that you have the latest version of FSUIPC.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/431155-unable-to-climb-nose-down-att/?hl=fsuipc#entry2899013

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks for all who responded to this topic!  The suggestion to go into FSUIPC and turn off the weather did it, like cutting loose the anchor!  Who would have thought??

Also apologize for the dual post, not sure how that happened.

Tundrabum