Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible......?

Well, I just purchased and installed the listed mesh product and am having issues at quite a few airports!

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2648

For Example: Denver Int. is on a big rectangular plateau and Aspen is as well with an unusual elevated river to the right side.   Mountains look great though! 

I read that this product is useable as a "Stand Alone" mesh product as I don't have FTX Vector yet but am beginning to wonder if this is just a problem with this product or the fact that I don't have Vector installed?

Are there any patches anywhere for this product?  I looked but didn't see any...

How can I deactivate the product when necessary when flying to/from a messed up AP?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

I thought it came with a free tool (AFM - Aerodrome Flattening Meshes)   which fixes the plateau issues. 

It did come with AFM when I bought it in September, however it was like throwing darts and just leveled it out a bit, some places looked worse. I had it installed with FTX Global for about three days , it now sits in a drawer uninstalled.

OP it is supposed to work without Vector since it came out years ago....another product from Pilots that I won't be buying. 

Apparently, no it does not come with AFM any longer as Vector is supposed to fix all the airports!

I think I will have to uninstall and try again when ever I get FTX Global Vector...

What a scam...  Spend my $$$ only to have many airports on plateaus and have to spend more $$$ just to fix them!

Chris Camp

Apparently, no it does not come with AFM any longer as Vector is supposed to fix all the airports!

I think I will have to uninstall and try again when ever I get FTX Global Vector...

What a scam...  Spend my $$$ only to have many airports on plateaus and have to spend more $$$ just to fix them!

Yup, that was the worst purchase I have made to date for and FS product.  I could probably use the discs for drink coasters.  I wouldn't put too much "faith" in Vector fixing all of them either...it's been months and they still haven't fixed Vector Beta yet.

The patch 1.1 for vector according to JV is being uploaded for final beta tests.

FS global doesn't brake anything. It's FSX which was broken. But yes, it hurts that you have to buy 2 addons not 1 to fix everything. But it is how the layers look like in FSX. Read before you buy.

Anyway - the changelog for vector 1.1 is quite impressive and it's better to wait week longer than have problems again.

I thought it was a generally accepted issue with mesh products that it causes these plateaus where the elevation of the airport is changed due to the mesh product.

I have been living with it ever since I got FSGlobal a couple of years ago. Do you mean to say that this 'vector' product comes with mesh (for the whole world?) that doesn't cause this plateau issue?

Vector has built in data to fix those issues although because the product was released a bit too early (hard to test global product on every airport) Orbx promised to work this issue out with different approach.

If I were you I would wait for patch 1.1 impressions. I will for sure inform you here how this worked out and if the plateaus which were reported are fixed. On orbx forums there are already hundreds of reports and orbx team is working to finally fix most problems in 1.1 and further patches.

Please keep in mind that vector is tested with fsglobal 2010 mesh so these two should finally work as intended.

It's just a matter of time. I'd just say - if current vector is called by some a beta version how would you call FSX before service packs...

Every software has bugs and that's it. In the end we decide what we want to buy.

Oh, so vector will work in conjunction with FSGlobal mesh?

Thank you

It was intended to. Ftx vector is just one of the layers in this sim.

But it is meant to work best as part of whole picture which is:

1.ftx global for textures

2. FS global for mesh

3. Ftx vector for "linear" data

4. OpenLCEurope, OpenLCUSA and so on as a landclass data (where textures are placed) - this will be released in steps until 2015.

This is a long way to go and for sure there will be some bug fighting. But in the end we should get sim improved globally. It won't look like specific regions because they are "handmade" but much better than FSX default.

Yup, that was the worst purchase I have made to date for and FS product.  I could probably use the discs for drink coasters.  I wouldn't put too much "faith" in Vector fixing all of them either...it's been months and they still haven't fixed Vector Beta yet.

Yes, $100 dollars for every AP in FSX that has more than a 2 meter elevation to be on a plateau and look totally ridiculous...!

Including major International airports like KDEN, KSFO, KBOS, KLAS etc!

KSFO is so bad you can drive off a taxiway shelf as one section of the AP is much lower than the other, in a crater...

KBOS has elevated water all around the edges which defies all laws of physics....

KLAS has one end of the AP on a huge cliff with houses hanging off the edge!

The only AP's I've seen without issues are those that come with their own custom mesh that overrides the FS Global Mesh or a few AP's in S FL that have no elevation at all...

Chris Camp

Vector has built in data to fix those issues although because the product was released a bit too early (hard to test global product on every airport) Orbx promised to work this issue out with different approach.

If I were you I would wait for patch 1.1 impressions. I will for sure inform you here how this worked out and if the plateaus which were reported are fixed. On orbx forums there are already hundreds of reports and orbx team is working to finally fix most problems in 1.1 and further patches.

Please keep in mind that vector is tested with fsglobal 2010 mesh so these two should finally work as intended.

It's just a matter of time. I'd just say - if current vector is called by some a beta version how would you call FSX before service packs...

Every software has bugs and that's it. In the end we decide what we want to buy.

Bugs and patches, yeah that's normal . But when they have to do a complete rebuild of a product like they are with Vector....that's not a patch. it's a major screw up.

Hey - not for all fans :)

That really depends on what you expect - for me a product with global coverage will always have some issues. UTX was not perfect too.

Hey, in the end it's good they are rewriting it and not just trying to patch something broken. And in places where vector works it looks really good so it's a good start.

I don't see many problems with vector itself. The issues are coming from compatibility with fsglobal. And fsglobal itself leaves you alone with plateaus.

So it's actually mixing two global products - this will take time for sure.

Well, hopefully Vector can and will solve all the FS Global 2010 issues!

Chris Camp