Sign in to follow this  
airlinejets

XPX Xperimental

A short experimental video showing what can be achieved using some of the art controls within the rendering engine.

wow had seen shots but not yet any videos. really shows how great xplane looks 

Stunning visuals,Time to try some art work. Thanks for sharing.

whoopie doopie nice nice.

I am not understanding all my Simheaven photosceneries do not show up. How did you get that photosceneries working and is it with HD Mesh 2  ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

whoopie doopie nice nice.

I am not understanding all my Simheaven photosceneries do not show up. How did you get that photosceneries working and is it with HD Mesh 2  ?

Hi ironmaiden,

Have you had a look at your scenery.ini file? I'm using only parts of HD Mesh 2 and this needs to be at the bottom of your scenery.ini. Just above this go your photoscenery files. So, think of it as a layering system. The bottom layer would be mesh, then photoscenery, next OSM and autogen and last on top, your airports.

Hope this helps,

Michel

Hi ironmaiden,

Have you had a look at your scenery.ini file? I'm using only parts of HD Mesh 2 and this needs to be at the bottom of your scenery.ini. Just above this go your photoscenery files. So, think of it as a layering system. The bottom layer would be mesh, then photoscenery, next OSM and autogen and last on top, your airports.

Hope this helps,

Michel

Hey Michael,

Scenery ini is ok. just checked Geneva did see the photo scenery , but not too sure of seattle , but let me check again. Not using OSM autogen atm.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Are you using SkyMaxx Pro in the video? Not sure what this mod does but it appears to make XPX default dull color palette come alive. Things look more vibrant now overall, am I correct?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Are you using SkyMaxx Pro in the video? Not sure what this mod does but it appears to make XPX default dull color palette come alive. Things look more vibrant now overall, am I correct?

Hi Aaron,

I'm not using SkyMaxx Pro (the cloud shadows don't work at the moment) but instead the Aerosoft Sky Tools. Certainly the simheaven scenery helps also. We've just begun here, the visuals are closing in on reality. The possibilities are only held back by our imaginations. Look in this thread, I've just posted another video. I think you'll like it.

Michel

These screenshots look absolutely beautiful, but I'm still unsure exactly what makes it look better? Does this lua script the same thing as the raleigh art control or 2 different things? From further looking at these pics, does this effect just add a blue gradient to the sky down to the horizon? Does it do anything else?

Also I'm interested in purchasing SkyMaxx Pro and MaxxFX. Will this mod work well with them? 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Michel,

This looks great! Can I ask which cloud theme and which color scheme from Aerosoft Tools you are using?

Also I'm interested in purchasing SkyMaxx Pro and MaxxFX. Will this mod work well with them?

Hi Aaron,

I'm not certain these plugins work 100% with art controls at the moment. I'm sure John is working on this right now and will probably enhance and further develop these features we're tinkering with.

Michel,

This looks great! Can I ask which cloud theme and which color scheme from Aerosoft Tools you are using?

Hi Corsa,

Would you believe I never wrote them down? I only changed themes once and never tried the others after this. I certainly think many combinations produce excellent results. If I had to guess though, I'd go with turbulent skies and cloud theme 3.

Would you believe I never wrote them down? I only changed themes once and never tried the others after this. I certainly think many combinations produce excellent results. If I had to guess though, I'd go with turbulent skies and cloud theme 3.

No worries, thanks for the reply. I've been using "Chilled Air" during the winter months here, so will start trying out other color schemes as Spring approaches.