Sign in to follow this  
uberwolfe

PMDG 737NGX - What activates when you initiate ground power?

Hi all,

I am just wondering what systems activate when you first enable ground power from a cold 'n dark cockpit in PMDG's 737NGX?

There seems to be a lot of noise in the cockpit with the engines, APU, packs/fans, pumps etc all turned off...

Just curious is all. Is it really like this in the real 737? Would love to know. Thanks :)

Everything really. Power goes though the tie bus then through the bus tie breakers then to both AC Transfer busses 1 and 2. At that point, power then energizes the main busses and galley busses associated with each AC transfer bus. The GPU also powers up the ground service bus which enables battery charging.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Everything really. Power goes though the tie bus then through the bus tie breakers then to both AC Transfer busses 1 and 2. At that point, power then energizes the main busses and galley busses associated with each AC transfer bus. The GPU also powers up the ground service bus which enables battery charging.

Thanks for the answer. It makes a lot of sense - thankfully we don't have to flick switches to energise all those buses manually!

Would have been interesting with all these systems if the circuit breakers and subsequent failures were simulated...

You can fail the busses I believe. Just not trip any circuit breakers.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda