Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Lighting problems - too bright

Guest tango_d

Hey Guys,Posted this over a week ago in the scenery forum, but got no response...I have a problem with any red / yellow / green lighting at airports, night and day, being just way too bright - is there anything I can do about this ? I have Nova textures installed and wandered whether this might be the cause ?Your help as always is appreciated....:-cool With ThanksEddyhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104938.jpg

Guest tango_d

BUMP BUMP BUMPThanks - anyone ?????Ed

Guest av84fun

Long ago there was a thread on this issue. There is a series of scalars you can add to your cfg file. Mine are placed just after Texture_Bandwidth_Whateverand my settings are as follows:RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.50 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.50 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.50 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.60 You can start there as a baseline and increase/decrease to taste.

Guest tango_d

Hey Guys,Thanks for taking the time to reply. Am very grateful !Will go and have a look now and report back.RegardsEddy

Guest sb55mv

Hi Eddy,I had this same problem with the Frankfurt Scenery made by a nameless company, I even posted in their forums, but never got a real reply,just a "whats wrong with the picture then!" . . . hello, how about the fact that the apron/taxiway/air gate lights are about a third of the size of my aeroplane . . . . . . . all I did was restore them from the FS9 CD to go back to default ones, this is nothing to do with spotlight or HALO bitmaps, just a scenery issue from some third party makers, is this happening at Every Airport, or just an add-on airport?hope this helps in some way.