Sign in to follow this  
russellj

International Flight Planning in FS2004

Seeing that the default flight planner won't get me from JFK to EGLL, I used a route finder to give me the coordinates that I can pop into my INS. However, I do I put these coordinates in FS2004 so that the FS2004 ATC makes sure I get there (monitors my flight) and makes sure I land at the active? Are there programs out there that will allow me to do that and automatically places it into FS2004? I don't feel like punching all of those numbers into the computer. What's up with the default flight planner anyway?RH

Guest danowat

I do it like this.1) Use FSBuild2 to create my flightplan.2) in FSBuild select it to export the plan to FS2004 format.3) Run FS2004, import my FSbuild plan into the flightplanner, and the ATC will follow my plan.As for the active, there are a few ways to do this, 1) Using ActiveSky do a fetch and you will see the wind direction, which will give you a good idea as which runway is in use.2) Go to the "active" at your destination airport, this will also show you the runway/s in use.Dan.

Hi Dan-Are FSBuild2 and ActiveSky payware or freeware? Is it tough to export flight plans into the FS2004?Thanks,RH

Guest danowat

Both payware unfortunatly, but 2 pieces of payware I wouldnt do without.Exporting the plans to FS2004 is a single mouse click, couldnt really be any simpler.Dan.

Another advantage of FSBuild is that it will do fuel planning as well. In combinations with AS2004 it will take into account winds aloft when calculating the fuel.I have both and wouldn't do without eother.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)